Snarky Brides
Options

Whoops there goes your career

. [url]http://thinkprogress.org/2009/09/30/derbyshire-female-suffrage/[/url] .I can't believe someone would be stupid enough to say this in public.  In an interview no less.

The nerve!
House | Blog

Re: Whoops there goes your career

• Options
    Really?  These people are professional shiitstirrers.  It doesn't hurt their careers; it is their careers.
  • Options
    I just think this is over the top inflammatory. I could see him saying women should stay home and take care of babies and husbands, because there's an audience for that. Bu the country would be better off if women couldn't vote? Is anyone going to hear that and go, "good for you speakng out!"

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    Doesn't Ann Coulter agree with him?

• Options
    Inflammatory?? It's fuccking offensive and WRONG. Did you listen to the audio? Not to mention he just makes no fuccking sense. So civil rights issues should be resolved by the merits of ideas via debate, but take away the right of women to vote because they don't vote your way? Wait, what about persuading people through debate and argument to see things your way?? He should lose his position as a contributor to National Review. I've already emailed about it.
    image Guess who?
  • Options
    When Ann Coulter is making millions publishing shiit like "Godless: The Church of Liberalism" there's always going to be a place for totally absurd, over-the-top ideas.
  • Options
    That's fine fallin, but he simply should not have a voice on National Review. He's been slowly getting more and more outrageous for years, they should have booted his asss a long time ago. Ridiculous.
    image Guess who?
  • Options
    It's about time somebody said it.  I'm sick and tired of all those people voting with their vaginas.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    Maybe I'm not outraged because I've never found the NR all that not far right. ;)
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I have read volumes more NR than anyone here, and the idea that women should not have the right to vote or that civil rights legislation was not necessary and good is not part of that newspaper's ideology.
    image Guess who?
  • Options
    newspaper = magazine. :)
    image Guess who?
  • Options
    Fair enough.  Do columnists have to only express opinions that comport with their magaizines ideology though?
  • Options
    Of course not, and there is plenty of disagreement among all the columnists at NR. I'm going out on a limb and claim that "women shouldn't have the right to vote" falls very clearly outside of National Review's plenty-broad conservative spectrum.
    image Guess who?
  • Options
    Please add my name to everything Fitty said. I hope his asss gets fired. Between him and this Christian Science guy sitting next to me in Committee saying that he doesn't trust women in pantsuits (I am in a dress today) I may just smack someone. I did tell him that I wear pant suits quite often but when I have to sit all day, I prefer a dress. I then added that he seemed to rely on me for info on where the debate was going.
  • Options
    The National Review has been careening to the far right since last year when they lost/booted? Christopher Buckley and David Frum.  Who writes for them that has any sense anymore?Anyone reading this?  [url]http://www.thenextright.com/[/url]  It gives me hope we might avoid Idiocracy as our future.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards