Destination Weddings Discussions

Humpday Poll

1. Where did you and DF meet? 2. What was your first date with DF? 3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who) 4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? 5. How did you pick your wedding day? 6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary?

Re: Humpday Poll

• 1. Where did you and DF meet? At a wedding. I was the only single BM and he was the one of 2 single guys there.. It was fate :) 2. What was your first date with DF? We went to Pita Jungle and then to watch Bourne 3, we talked the entire time, it still baffles us that no one told us to shut up! 3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who) We didnt wait long, maybe 5 or 6 Tequila shots then we went walking around the site where the reception was talking place and he kissed me, and I kissed back. 4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? Yes! We have "stolen" our friends Wedding anniversary as our own. We are always sure to thank them for getting married and then we go out for fondue. 5. How did you pick your wedding day? Actually my MOH did. There was no way I could have a wedding with out my best friend there, since she is a new teacher we talked about when a good time for her would be and booked our cruise around her spring break. The wedding day itself was picked by Carnival. 6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary? Trying to make a baby :)
  • 1. Match.com2. We went to dinner at Yardhouse Brewery.3. Hm... I think our first kiss was a couple weeks after we started dating. I was dying! He kissed me one night when we were saying good bye after a date.4. Not really.5. Well, FI's family is in the flower business so we couldn't get married too close to Valentine's Day, and I didn't want to wait until March. Hahaha. So we chose an early date in January, which is typically a slow time for the flower shop.6. Oh I have no idea! Haha.
  • 1. Where did you and DF meet? Myspace2. What was your first date with DF? We went to the movies as friends; our first non-friend date he bought me flowers and took me to dinner3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss? (Who kissed who). About 3 months after we met. I was drunk and I told him that I was gonna kiss him that night because I knew he wanted to...a little after that he kissed me :-)4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? Nope5. How did you pick your wedding day? It was the cruise route we wanted and the perfect port to get married at...the date was irrelevant. He actually wanted to get married Spring '09, but we pushed it back so we could take this route.6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary? Probably on a trip
  • 1. In H.S our senior year (in detention, but we weren't bad students i promise lol) 2. We went out for ice cream (at like 1030pm), then we drove around a really long, scary street known for where people do "witchcraft", then went to a park and watch the deers eat, then  went to another park (at like 1am) and played basketball one on one and just talked until like 4am. Not your normal first date, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!3. On our 3rd date. We sat on the back of his Jetta (at that time) to "talk" but we ended up kissing each other. The best kiss ever :-D I get so cheesy just thinking about it.4. Not the date we met, but yes the date we became a couple.5.Our anniversary date from when we become a couple. So we will be getting marry on the day that we turn 6 years of dating. Yaaayyyy6.Hopefully go on a trip somewhere in Europe or South America, but who knows.Great Poll, I love talking about this things!

Wedding Bio

New Married Blog
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker ~Pamela&Steven~6.25.2011~PuntaCana,DR~ image
  • 1. Where did you and DF meet? We were set up by my cousin and his good friend from high school - and met at their housewarming party.2. What was your first date with DF? We went to a restaurant named Rockwoods...then we went to a bar to play pool...and then to a movie. We were both so shy that we hardly talked --- all we knew was that we didn't want the night to end, so we kept adding activities!3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who) At above mentioned housewarming party, lots of drinking might have occured. First kiss was later that night at the bar. Liquid courage, baby!4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? We celebrate our anniversary as the day we established we were actually dating - a few weeks after meeting.5. How did you pick your wedding day? There are lots of teachers in our families, so we decided to wait until Summer vacation. Then we took the wedding date out resort had open ;)6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary? Good question!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. Where did you and DF meet?     through mutual friends2. What was your first date with DF?   Valentine's Day!  We went to a great restaurant and a movie!3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who)   at the end of the first date.  it was a mutual kiss :-)4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary?   No.  We met in September 2006 but neither of us can remember the exact day!5. How did you pick your wedding day?   I LOVE summer and 6/9/10-6/21/10 is when my little break between spring quarter and summer quarter is.  So for lack of better options, we chose 6/12/10.  6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary?  We haven't really thought that far in advance yet...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Where did you and DF meet? Well, originally in High School, but we met again after HS while working at UPS. 2. What was your first date with DF? Wow. I don't think we ever had a "first date". We knew each other so well from work, I guess we didn't need one! 3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who) he definitely kissed me. It's was a sneak attack! I was coming out of the bathroom at his apartment and then randomly got pushed in his room b/c he was trying to kiss me....I definitely kissed back, even tho I shouldn't have b/c we weren't dating yet and I was actually dating someone else at the time! (ohwell, he was a douche anyway!) 4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? Not the day we met, but the day we made our relationship "official" 5. How did you pick your wedding day? It's our dating anniversary-7 yrs baby! 6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary? we are going on our official honeymoon and will be going out west to LasVegas, Utah, & AZ!!
  • We love polls around here!!1. Where did you and DF meet?  At a Halloween party.2. What was your first date with DF?  He did the typical dinner and movie.  I got more inventive with our dates after that!3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who)  A few hours - I'm not shy and moved in for the kill ;)4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary?  Yes, were were pretty much inseperable from that first day.5. How did you pick your wedding day?  It's right around the time we met - 7 days before our 4th anniversary.6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary?  Well...that will all depend on if I am pregnant or not!  Hopefully I am :)
  • 1. Where did you and DF meet? I had been dating a friend of a friend of his and when the extened groups of friends went out to the bar we were both there a bunch of times. I actually tried setting him up with a girlfriend of mine and went on a double date! The BF I was seeing ended up being a jerk and DF was one that helped me see it. 2. What was your first date with DF? A bunch of us from that "group" were supposed to get together to eat at this one place and only me and DF showed up, that was while I was still dating old BF, it turned into a weekly thing and that is how he was one of the ones that helped me see the jerky BF. 3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who) From that first nite at the eating place, about a month, but I was getting out of the relationship with the old BF. I kissed him. 4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? Not the day we met, but the night of our first kiss is the anniversary date I have always kept as "our day" WHICH I JUST REALIZED WAS THIS LAST SUNDAY!!! APPARENTLY MISSED THAT LOL! 5. How did you pick your wedding day? I just picked the week to go to Hawaii. I wanted to go before the end of the year. The actual day I picked the second weekday we'll be there. (First is Peral Harbor day) 6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary? Probably a night out for supper, or maybe painting a baby room?? ;)
  • 1. Where did you and DF meet? Long story, but essentially our families were friends2. What was your first date with DF? the county fair3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who) 2 dates (but they were consecutive days)4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? No, b/c I have no idea what that date is. We met when we were 12 & 135. How did you pick your wedding day? originally we wanted to do it in the summer, but that's peak season so it's way more $$. We ended up w/ Nov because 11 is one of my lucky #'s and 5 is one of FI's lucky numbers =) 6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary? Hopefully in a house all our own!
  • 1. Where did you and DF meet? In my apt the day I moved in.  He was friends with my new roomie and they were headed out to the bar and tried to talk me into joining them but I was gross and tired from moving all day.  The next day I ran into him when I opened the door with a towel on my head because he kept pounding on the door while I was in the shower.  (he had left his keys in the apt the night before.)2. What was your first date with DF? I first met him in Oct and our first date was right after he got back from Christmas, so it was the very first week in January (and I can't believe I don't remember the exact date!!)3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who) At least a month after we started dating.  He kissed me but it was only after my friend was trying to get me to ditch him and goes "he hasn't even kissed you yet" and he heard and goes, "I didn't need her to tell me to kiss you I was going to anyway".  :)4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary?  Honestly we don't celebrate any anniversery.  5. How did you pick your wedding day?  It is actually the date that our son was due 4 years ago.  It just seemed like a good date!  :)6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary? I would like to go away with just him... but who knows!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ok, so I didn't read that very well, I thought it said when was your first date not what!  Our first date we went out to dinner at Ruby Tuesday's then out to the bar.  We talked for hours over beer! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. Where did you and DF meet? I knew his brother (my age) and Danny came to visit him, it was my 21st birthday and we danced all night but when I found out he was a senior in high school we left right away!  He went to the same college the next year and we met the first weekend...I was mortified to be dating a freshman so I wouldn't consider him my "boyfriend" for months :) 2. What was your first date with DF? Our first official date was to visit his best friend at a neighboring college to see Dashboard Confessional. 3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who) Long story, but the morning after the second time we met...he kissed me and then we didn't kiss again for a few weeks :) 4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? We celebrate the day everything became "official" and sometimes kid about the day we met since it was my birthday. 5. How did you pick your wedding day? We picked the country first, then the resort and then a date that worked with all of that.  April 17, 2010 was it! 6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary? We shall see :)
  • 1. Where did you and DF meet?  We met at training for work.  My sup. signed me up for the wrong class, which ended up being the RIGHT one. :) 2. What was your first date with DF?  We went to a sushi place in St. Louis called I Love Mr. Sushi (just because the name is hilarious!) and then out for drinks afterwards. 3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who)  About a month.  After meeting at work, we went back to our separate offices and talked mostly online.  We didn't see each other until a month later when he came out with some friends of mine after we all got back from a cruise.  He heard on the news about hurricanes in our cruise area, so he was worried the whole time I was gone.  I guess that, and a few shots, prompted him to kiss me that night.  :)4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary?  Not really.  He was dating/breaking up with someone at the time, so we aren't really sure when we actually started "dating", hehehe. :)  We figure the wedding anniversary is more important anyway. 5. How did you pick your wedding day?  He proposed Nov '08 and then I started a new job a month later, so we knew we'd have to wait at least a year, Dec '09.  I didn't want to get married around the holidays so we figured March '10 would be best.6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary?  We're both kind of sad that we're missing SXSW (South by Southwest) in Austin because of our wedding, so we'll probably go there for our 1 year.  Great poll Marci! :)
    Anniversary
  • Ill play. [b]1. Where did you and DH meet? [/b] Drunk in a bar! [b]2. What was your first date with DH? [/b] A movie... Superbad... LOL! [b]3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who)[/b] couple weeks of hanging out.. he kissed me sept 14th 2007... we got hitched sept 14th 2009! :-) [b]4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? [/b] not the day we met... i dont even remember when that was... [b]5. How did you pick your wedding day? [/b] two years to the day after our first kiss! [b]6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary?[/b] we talk about taking a trip... but chances are we will just go out to dinner at this place called Roy's - its a nice restaurant that started in Hawaii.
  • 1. Where did you and DF meet? We met through mutual friends at a bar2. What was your first date with DF? I don't remember our first "date" but the night we decided to be exclusive we went out to dinner, bowling and played in an arcade--I still have the prizes we won!3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who) Actually, he randomly came up and kissed me one night out at the bars.  I don't remember it--2 months later we started dating.4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? Yes.  5. How did you pick your wedding day? It's a year after he proposed.  We knew we wanted a destination wedding, we live in MN so January is a good time to leave.  6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary?Hopefully on another trip--Fiji maybe?
  • 1. Where did you and DF meet? In a bar when he was in town on business.2. What was your first date with DF? Didn't really have one.  We hung out the night we met and I met up with him the next night after having dinner with a friend.  We were long distance, so the next time I saw him was 3 weeks later when he came for the weekend.3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who) The night we met - no idea who initiated it.4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? Yes.  Was last week - just had a nice dinner, but we've been together on our anniversary every year.5. How did you pick your wedding day? Still not 100% confirmed, but the proposed date is the best date for my nieces/nephews who are in school, while not being over the summer.6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary? Probably go away for a long weekend or something - good excuse to travel!
  • Thanks for answering ladies, I really loved reading all of your answers :)
  • 1. Where did you and DF meet? Funny story we actually met up north camping of all places...2. What was your first date with DF? Our first date was bowling... they had a glow in the dark putt putt golfing too :-) We were 14 years old! 3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who) We were 14 so it too forever and our first "kiss" was a quick peck haha! It's funny to remember when you were that young. 4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? Kinda... we met on memorial weekend so every year we make it a point to go up to the campground for a nice relaxing weekend5. How did you pick your wedding day?  It is actually "Memorial" weekend of the year we met... next year memorial weekend ends up the last weekend of May again so our wedding isn't memorial weekend.... bummer6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary?We are planning on going back to Clearwater and taking off for a cruise from Tampa port
  • 1. Where did you and DF meet? Match.com2. What was your first date with DF? we met for coffee one afternoon but consider our first date to be Cinco de Mayo (2 days later)3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who) It was like a month and he finally kissed me.4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? yes! Every month!5. How did you pick your wedding day? We are not sure but it will probably be one that works for us and our families.6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary? No idea.
  • 1. Where did you and DF meet? At a demolition derby...YEEHAW! lol 2. What was your first date with DF? Our actual first date was a double date with my best friend and her boyfriend. We went to the movies. 3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who) The same night we met, at a party after the derby. It was a mutual drunken kiss but it was still nice ;) 4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? No 5. How did you pick your wedding day? I honestly don't even know lol. It just seemed to fit. 6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary? Hopefully back in Miami where he proposed :)
  • Ooh I love polls like this!1. Where did you and DF meet? We met in college on the first day of golf class. We had to pick "golf partners" for the rest of the semester and he asked me. We didn't start dating until almost the very end of the semester though.2. What was your first date with DF? Red Robin and then Mean Girls :)3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who) A couple weeks after our first date, I think. I was sitting on his bed (dorm room...no where else to sit) and said I was cold. He had been sitting next to me, so he moved so he was sitting behind me, wrapped his arms around me, leaned forward and said something smooth (can't remember for the life of me what he said though), I turned my head to face him and we both leaned in for the kiss. I would say he definitely initiated it though.4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? No, I have no idea what the date was. We use our first date as our anniversary, but we rarely celebrate it.5. How did you pick your wedding day? It was pretty random. We knew we wanted at least a year long engagement, so that meant 2010. We picked a location and then picked a date based on weather/prices/avoiding spring break/avoiding family birthdays.  It just happened to be the same week as our anniversary.6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary? Who the heck knows. I hope maybe a vacation to the DC/PA area, but we will probably end up at home on the couch with a pizza and a movie :)
  • 1. Where did you and DF meet? in court! hahaha. he was an officer there for his cases and I was the judges baliff! 2. What was your first date with DF? Dinner at japanese resteraunt and a movie. We saw "Anger Management". hahaha. 3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who) 3 weeks. he kissed me after we went to a friend of his wedding. See picture of us dancing below. 4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? Yes, it will also be our wedding day. 5. How did you pick your wedding day? I wanted fall but it's hunting season, so spring it is. So we picked our anniversary as our wedding so he won't ever forget. hahaha. 6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary? No idea. Maybe going somewhere we've never been together like NYC. 
  • 1. Where did you and DF meet?   Online. :)2. What was your first date with DF? Starbucks to make sure the other wasn't an ax murderer, and then mini-golfing on our second :)3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who)  Second date. Seemed like FOREVER!4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? No, we picked the day we decided we were 'together' as our anniversary.5. How did you pick your wedding day? One week before spring break at my job.  Only one week to play hookie instead of two.6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary? No idea! Haven't even contemplated that far!
  • 1. Where did you and DF meet? in an aol chat room. lol 2. What was your first date with DF? I went to his place the first few times, but our first actual DATE was dinner at Maggiano's. 3. How long did you wait to have your first kiss?(Who kissed who) Probably about 2 hours. lol He had this weird look on his face so I asked him if he was ok. He said "Yes, I was just wondering what it would be like to kiss you" and I said "Well, why don't you find out?" 4. Do you celebrate the day you two met as a special anniversary? Kind of. We make sure to spend some alone time together and usually go out to dinner. But we don't do cards and gifts and all that. 5. How did you pick your wedding day? Based on the weather at our location. 6. How will you spend your first wedding anniversary? Hopefully snuggling our 4 year old and our newborn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards