Florida-South Florida
Options

Buyers remorse?

Is this something that all of you go through or am I just second guessing everything? I purchased my dress months ago and I called today and it should be getting to the store by November. But now I kind of feel "blah" about it... I'm keep seeing other dresses and comparing the two. Now I'm wondering if I really really liked it or if I should just buy another one (which I soooo don't want to spend unnecessary money)Does everyone do this? or am I just over thinking it? Has anyone bought 2 dresses because of this?

Re: Buyers remorse?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think everybody goes through this, at least once.Don't browse other dresses! Entertain yourself with other wedding things. If, when you get your dress, you absolutely hate it, then consider getting another one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have lost unbelievable amounts of sleep over this. It's very common. I think you should wait until your dress comes in and see how you feel. I went shopping again way after getting mine and it only reaffirmed that I made the right decision. Remember that you picked that dress for a reason.
  • Options
    bluebookbluebook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did it! I got a great deal on a new dress online which I was convinced would be awesome and I bought it. The dress is pretty awesome but it just doesn't flatter me. Now, with less than 5 months to go, I'm on the hunt for a new dress! Don't do what I did. Do what the OP suggests. Once you get your dress, and only if you hate it (after putting on the veil etc) then consider it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never had buyers remorse, and I bought my dress a year + out. But I'm weird. Lol Just remember why you fell in love with your dress in the first place. I'm sure you will fall in love all over again :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My taste is very simple so I kind of always knew what I wanted. I tried on 4 dresses and got the 2nd one I tried on. I never looked back. Even now, when I think I might lose too much weight to fit in my dress I would get the same on in a smaller size. I love it. Stop looking at dresses... or talk to Kaila hahaha. What too soon?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a 2nd dress for that exact reason. My first dress I like but dont love and I am not fully comfortable in it. It is very traditional, the second one is more modern. Email me if you want to see... mrodriguez 12 85 at yahoo dot com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i bought my dress is May and its there in the Davids Bridal i wont see it probably until November so what i did i took pictures of me wearing the dress so i can look at it and i look at it every week to remind myself of my dress everytime i see it i love it even more
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YES !!!You are not alone.After watching SATC the movie and The Hangover, I was convinced my dress was all wrong.Only after it came in and I went to see it did we fall in love again.I still sometimes wonder if it's the "perfect" dress - but it's rare nowadays :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG, yes!  But no . . ?  When I see pictures of brides in beautifully understated gowns, like Sajas or Nicole Millers, I wonder if I should get a new dress.  I think, "maybe I should wear a gown (as opposed to a cocktail dress), or something more bridal . . ?"  And it doesn't help that my parents, being a little more on the traditional side, don't agree with my dress.  But, when I open the garment bag and I take a look, I remember why I got it.  Besides the economic factor and the fact that now I'm stuck with that dress and every time I look at it I think "wedding" so I can't wear it for another occasion so I must wear it on my wedding, when I try it on, I remember.  It's gorgeous, absolutely beautiful.  It makes me feel good.  I would use the word "great," but the dress is at the seamstress now, so I can't really remember.  LOLMy advice:  don't rush to buy a new dress.  Wait to try it on again.  Take it home and try it on frequently (LOL) and see how you feel about it.  Oh yeah, and stop looking at other dresses on purpose!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls for the advice... I think I'll wait till next month for it to come in and once I try it on again, then decide. Hopefully I fall in love with it all over again, if not, my wallet's in trouble LOL!
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nane, I think a lot of girls go through that...but most of the time end up falling in love all over again with their original choice after looking around again...My advice is to stop looking at other dresses but when your dress comes if you really hate it, then you can do something about it...GL
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alissa, do you want to take the lead on this or shall I?? We BOTH had massive buyer's remorse and I wont get into the details of how far either one of us went, but in the end we did lots and lots of research and we both came back to our original dresses. Its easy to get remorse and look at other dresses you love, but remember there is a reason you chose yours in the first place. Just because you see another dress you love, doesnt mean it will look good or be right for your venue or affair. Trust me!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this is normal. I bought my dress like 2 weeks after I got engaged (can you tell how impatient I am?) and its been hanging in my since July.  I bought it so soon because 1.  I had already seen that particular dress online and really liked it.  2. It looked really nice on me 3.  the dress happened to also be on sale.  So far all these reason I went ahead and got that particular dress instead of another one I had also seen and tried on at a different store.  I have spent so many sleepless nights thinking I shouldve bought the other dress. Whenever it gets really bad and I get the urge to just buy another dress, I try on my dress, shoes veil and all and I look at myself in the mirror and I realize why I bought it in the first place.Its perfectly normal to have second thoughts, but on THE day when you put on that dress  you will look beautiful no matter what!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nane, I put a deposit on sottero & midgley my mom absolutely loved, but I liked, now I am back shopping this saturday hopefully for the last time:) Great thing my cousin is getting married next yr too, so she can try the salon to find a dress and use my dep, crisis adverted. Everyone has dress doubts, just stop looking, the dress is FAB!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards