Wedding Etiquette Forum

glee

Discussion goes here.I heart Kristen Chenoweth.  It also makes me laugh that one of my former students (who is gay) wrote that he wanted to marry her on his FB status.Oh, and I also heart Cabaret.  I'm geeking out all over.
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: glee

• I really want to watch this show since i've heard so many good things about it, but damn them for putting it on TV at the same time as america's next top model!  I have my priorities.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • In college--I live with two musical theater majors. They are both in Chicago now, making themselves famous. One of them is currently playing Mimi in Rent. Glee reminds me of them, and makes me oh-so-happy. It also makes me happy when FI sings along; he took a year off of his PhD to record a CD--he has the most amazing voice ever.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love this show.
    Photobucket
  • Oh man, I haven't seen it yet tonight. I'm actually rewatching the episodes with DH so he's caught up :) Is it as awesome as the previews made it look?
  • Well ya know, Life IS a cabaret old chum.
  • So who is actually singing and who is lip syncing? It's been driving me crazy!
  • Well, it's all them singing, just usually pre recorded.

• wow...I'm even more impressed then. I figured sometimes they sang and sometimes they were lip syncing to the originals singing
  • Well, the guy that plays Mr. Shuster, Rachel, and the new blonde chick (Kristen Chenoweth) are all pretty famous bway stars.  I would hope they do their own singing!

• Um, because you never had me as a teacher?  :)

• Glee is my weekly dose of happy. The countdown to Glee has been my FB status all day. Yes, I'm a music teacher, and yes, I'm a dork. GLEE!!!!
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • I think it should be a sin how good this show makes me feel.  It's just such a good show.  tlv - invest in TiVo or DVR - more than worth it.
  • sai - I bet you're also my sister...and I feel like we've had this convo before.Gamma Delta, SUNY Potsdam here.  Spring '97.  :)

• "there's always Branson"  HAHAHA!!!!!!!! 

• I LOVED the Branson comment...I used to live there and perform there!  So funny!
  • No way, that's awesome!A few friends of mine played a show there last year - the only one with live music besides the Beatles show.  I dragged DH up to see it (and go to the outlets) and it was cute.

• I have a debate with some friends about who really sings though...  When they did Acafellas for example, do you really think the guy who plays the football coach was singing???  I can't find ANYTHING about him online EVER having a singing career...  I know the main actors who do most of the singing are definitely singing their own parts.  But what about the minor people who just do occasional singing, like the coach?Anyone have any links about those people?  I'm totally curious about that
  • Sabina, I don't know, but they aired a special on how they casted for Glee and it appeared that all the characters had to have some singing ability.  It could be that he's an unknown - maybe in local theatre or something.  I want to believe that they all sing. I need to believe this.
  • sabina - I dont know, but if Johnny Depp could be taught how to sing enough to get through Sweeney Todd, anything is possible.And btw, his singing was pretty bad in that (from a singer's perspective).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards