New Jersey
Options

Brown Sig Drink

Yea I'm posting a lot tonight, but last post promise! And I got the idea from the Sig drink post below.So my venue said I could do the blue hawaiian (aqua drink) but I need (or want rather) a "brown" drink.I was thinking of something with coke, since its simple and I dont need fancy (BH is my fav drink in the world)Opinions? or other Options (it needs to be something standard so no starbucks martinis)

Re: Brown Sig Drink

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mudslide? Jack and Coke?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mudslide is light brown....mmmmm....mudslide
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mudslide was first on my list, but I don't know if they are going to have a blender.I was thinking Jack and Coke/Diet Coke but wasnt' sure it was really cheesey lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Or maybe for a desert...Coke float w/ ice cream mmm now I want ice cream.
  • Options
    TeshaM0723TeshaM0723 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A chocolate martini. I decided to use that for our wedding
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooh a coke float, I could so go for that.  Or a root beer float, that's brown!  MMMMMMMMI like that better than jack and coke.  Jack and coke doesn't seem "signature" to me unless it's something people know you and dan always drink.
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh I second a chocolate martini!  That sounds super yummy :)
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Choc martini would be good. I wouldn't do something with Coke. That's just like a regular drink someone would order.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Malibu rum and coke? That's a fave among my bowling league buddies. *feels like a geek for the bowling thing*
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    NJBride2B44NJBride2B44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Godiva chocolate martini with a chocolate drizzle around the glass!!! sooo good :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're working on our sig drinks as well. My MOH thought of a chocolate raspberry martini since our colors are dark brown and pink. She was thinking chocolate godiva and chambord (sp?)
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd have to see if the "chocolate" part of the chocolate martini is bar standard, thats where the stupid part comes in the rules from my venue are "if its not something we carry standard in our bar it cannot be used" Even though my contact told me they would order the blue curacao needed for the blue one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance loves sothern comfort and pepsi.  Or you could do root beer schnaps and coke for a alcoholic root beer float.  The root beer is also lovely as a shot dropped in beer but thats a bit rowdy for a wedding.  Did they give you an alcohol list?  If they did I would love to see it.  I was thinking of doing signature drinks as well. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check out the chocolate martini. That would be my pick.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a huge fan of Espresso Martinis. 
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't do something with Coke-- I think it would be kind of ridiculous to have to order a "Cheryl and Dan" instead of a Maker's and Coke.  Those drinks are way too common.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can do a chocolate martini without Godiva or Starbucks liquor.  Do a vanilla vodka with chocolate liquor (house brand) and a splash of baileys.  Then provide the bar with hershey kisses to put in the bottom of each glass.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about a Manhattan? Something with whiskey or bourbon would be brown.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mind eraser...that is what we had :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Erika - Nice - I miss those. Way to get your guests wasted! Watermelon Mind Erasers are soo good too-
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards