Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Different Poll

2»

Re: Different Poll

• edited December 2011
    I agree with the PPs about the garter and bouquet toss.  I remember previous weddings I attended as a single person and was so embarrassed to be herded onto the floor with the other single girls to catch the bouquet.  I felt like an old maid, and I wasn't even 30!  They are kind of fun to watch, but we aren't doing one.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm with Pharm. I absolutely am not planning my shower but I would rather know when it is, instead of *trying* to act surprised when I show up wherever it's going to be. The details and everything can certainly be a surprise that I look forward to though!I was just the MOH in my best friend's wedding and she requested a surprise shower. Then, she tried her best to figure everything out and seemed disappointed the actual day of since she had ruined her own requested surprise.
  • edited December 2011
    I guess there's no 'rule' for showers being a surprise.  I just had never heard of a non-surprise shower until a few months ago.  It's not what I'm used to, so it didn't make sense to me.That's what the post was asking - What wedding-related thing do YOU consider the most ridiculous.  Well, since I had never heard of such a thing, that's what I responded.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it or that there aren't exceptions, I just personally would feel ridiculous standing at my shower as guests came in. 
  • edited December 2011
    Formal RD invitesDo not play listsSurprise showers - I've never been to a shower that WAS a surprise.  BP dance - all kinds.  
  • edited December 2011
    I also thought all showers were surprises before TK. However, it's not the most ridiculous thing I heard when I found out people knew of their showers either. Ridiculous is the amount of time some brides spend on bending over backwards to take care of their guests for everything. Meaning, you do not have to have a shuttle; you do not have to have a babysitter; did someone mention a shuttle for RD below? - they are all nice gestures but sometimes it just gets out of control.
  • edited December 2011
    I think surprise showers are the most ridiculous thing, so HA!  Really, I have a life.  Most of us aren't blessed with unlimited free time where we sit around appropriately dressed for a "nice lunch" at a moments notice.
    Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Am I the only one who is super excited about my bridal shower?  A day were I get presents and the attention is on me?  It's like my birthday- twice in one year!  hahahaBut something that I think is a little ridiculous is engagement parties.  What is the point of them?  Those and engagement announcments that you mail out.  If you aren't going to call these people personally and tell them about your engagement, then why would should you even notify them??Just me...
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards