Florida-West Coast

Help: Cocktail Hour!

We are having our cocktail hour in the same room as our reception. My cousin & his wife.. had thier cocktail hour in the same room as the reception. No Food, No Entertainment, Didn't Feel Like A Cocktail Hour At All. What can we do to keep guests entertained? What kind of food could be served? It's an elegant but Intimate wedding.

Re: Help: Cocktail Hour!

• edited December 2011
    I have been to alot of weddings that do that.  If it fits into your budget maybe have some live music, perhaps a couple specialty drinks and any sort of appetizers would work! HTH!
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • SBride1SBride1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our brief cocktail hour on the patio, entrance room and they can go into the reception room.  We are having appetizers and drinks.  The DJ will play and we have a photo booth.  Also we are doing a international theme, so we will have coffee table picture books of England and the US for people to sign as our guest book.  I am toying with the idea of having coasters or something with interesting facts about the countries, etc?  We'll see!
    Dinner in Florence!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Sarahbelle2Sarahbelle2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    live music (string trio for us) and passed appetizers. just elegant easy to eat food. Good drinks and live music playing rock music on violins!
  • edited December 2011
    grrrrr having trouble with invitation wording.  reception is at same place and we are having a cocktail hour that will be in same place as reception.  on the invitation should i put reception immediately following or cocktail hour immediately following???  HELP
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I put Reception Immediately Following.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards