North Carolina

Did anyone use J Crew cotton cady tea rose for bridesmaid dresses?

I ordered a bunch of them in the sale; they were some of the only returnable dresses, and the color looked perfect on-screen. The ones I got are really, really bright, though, kind of hot pink with bubblegum untertones. I still like the color, but our reception is on a farm with a casual/romantic feel, and I'm not sure what they'll look like. I'm thinking maybe the right flowers could tone them down; we'll see... otherwise I'll have to return them. I assume I got the right color- does tea rose always look that bright? And if anyone used them, do you have a picture of them on a group of bridesmaids? I want to see just how bright they are when a bunch of them are next to each other. Thanks!

Re: Did anyone use J Crew cotton cady tea rose for bridesmaid dresses?

• meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you post a picture of what you got? Also, I think there is a way to request swatches. Idk your time frame, but you could do this to check the color. But, I'm sure that they are really pretty. I agree that flowers could lessen the brightness if you think they're too bright! Here's the a pic that I found from the jcrew website of cotton cady 'tea rose.' [img]http://images.jcrew.com/erez4/cache/images_eiec_11_11427_11427_PK5748_tif_97a10b883f0b18a9.jpg [/img]
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have them with me, but I'll post a picture tomorrow. I wonder if they would send a swatch since it's a discontinued color? It doesn't look anything like that picture you posted, though. :o) Thanks for your help!
  • edited December 2011
    My girls wore cotton cady in Bright berry - even brighter than the tea rose I think. PIB if you'd like to see it all together.
  • edited December 2011
    Im contemplating ordering those same ones!  Cotton cady in Tea Rose but I didnt know you could return them?  One reason I'm still unsure is because I've got a few younger girls as my junior bridesmaids and my maid of honor is my sister who will only be 12.  I didnt really see any dresses that would be sized for someone their age.
    Married my best friend 06.23.10 :)image *Photo by Story Photographers*
  • edited December 2011
    If you go here it looks like they have two pics of parties wearing that colorhttp://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation/WeddingAlbum.jsp
  • edited December 2011
    I think there are a few! I didn't even know they had that wedding albums site. Thanks! And for the person who is also thinking about using them- at the time I ordered them, most sizes of the Lydia (halter) and some sizes of a few others were returnable. When I looked back the next day, I didn't see any more returnable ones, so they are probably gone? I'm not sure about junior sizes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards