Snarky Brides
Options

Computer question. Help me.

So, I got a new laptop. Whenever I'm on the internet and logged into a site, I get logged out a million times. Ebay, Facebook, twitter, so I know it's not just a problem with a particular page. Do I have something wrong in my settings somewhere, like a security thing that I can change? I don't feel like dragging the laptop and E to the Sony store so I'm hoping one of you can help me out. For example, I'll be on Facebook and I start hiding people's games/quiz results. After like three, I'm logged out. If I'm on Ebay, halfway though making listing to sell something, I'm logged out.

Re: Computer question. Help me.

• Options
    That is weird. What operating system do you have, and what browser are you using?
  • Options
    Are cookies disabled?
  • Options
    Poor little disabled cookie. Stuck in that cookie wheelchair.
  • Options
    Mmmm, disabled cookies are the best.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    make sure you have all your updates performed (operating system, browser, etc).  even though it's a new computer, there might be a latest round of updates that you're missing.  clear out the cache, delete cookies, etc.  maybe this will help.  good luck, that sounds annoying.
  • Options
    TSDTSD member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    EAB- it's windows vista. I hope that's what you're asking me. I don't know anything about cookies unless they're chocolate chip, so now I have to go figure that out. Thanks.
  • Options
    under tools -> internet options, there should be something about deleting browsing history, cookies, etc.  try clearing out anything you can clear out (your browser tends to "remember" lots of stuff...  websites you've visited, login info, etc) and see if that helps. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards