Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Hair and Make-up Timing

There will be 4 people including myself getting our hair done the day of my wedding and I am getting my makeup professionaly done as well. There will be 2 stylists the day of at the salon doing hair, and I am trying to figure out how early we need to schedule our appointments. My hair is down to my shoulder blades, and the rest of the girls have shoulder length or shorter hair. We have to be at the venue at 11am (that's the soonest they will let us in to get dressed before the ceremony) and I want to allot about an hour for drive time from the salon to the venue. How early should our appointments start? I don't want to feel super rushed for time, but I don't want to be way to early either.

Re: Hair and Make-up Timing

• Options
    I would talk to the ladies doing your hair to get their opinion how long it may take.  With four girls and two people doing hair and makeup it may take awhile.  Also, it would depend on what kind of up do you guys want.  The more elaborate, the more time it may take.  The hairstylists and makeup artists can give you an accurate time frame.  :)
  • Options
    Definitely ask the salon and your make-up artist.You can generally count on 45min - hour for hair unless it's really super short and an hour for make-up.  You might be able to come up a timeline...but ask the professionals :-)
  • Options
    For my hair..which is shoulder-length my salon told me to plan for at least an hour for an updo and then about 30 min for makeup. If your stylists are experienced with weddings they should have a good idea for timing!
  • Options
    I work in a salon and we usually book out an hour and half for the bride (extra time for her cause she takes extra work) and an hour for each updo otherwise. Makeup usually books out 45mins for the bride and 30mins for anyone else. But check with your salon too, they might need more or less time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards