Ohio-Northeast

Canton Brides

Do you have a reception hall? I'm having trouble finding one in our budget.

Re: Canton Brides

• desimaraedesimarae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!  We are on a tight budget for our wedding and so therefore are having a morning wedding and a luncheon reception.  The most affordable place without skimping on quality that we found is Lolli's Restaurant in Belden Village.  The owner is nice and accomodating.  Plus, we really like their food especially their homemade rolls.  They have normal restaurant seating but also have more banquet style too.  Hope this helps!  Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
  • desimaraedesimarae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about the weird wording above.  No idea why it did that.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using La Pizzaria. $21ish a person, not including alcohol. Yummy, too. And a beautiful location
  • edited December 2011
    Foltz Community Center in East Canton was the absolute cheapest that we found when looking. Mr Mikes Catering starts at like 11 a person and you bring in your own alcohol much cheaper!
  • sarahb0485sarahb0485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had her wedding at La Pizzeria this summer. I thought they did a nice job and from what I understand it was very reasonably priced. I've never thought about the Foltz Community Center for a wedding... it's where we had almost all of my high school dances. If I remember correctly the walls are pink? It might be hard to work around. Are you looking for catering as well or do you just want to rent the hall?
  • edited December 2011
    Look at the Canton Museum of Art, you can rent their space (outside area) and their recommended caterer, Charlie Brown's Catering, is EXTREMELY affordable. The Canton Club is also priced reasonably. I guess that it depends on how many people, what time of day, where, what's your budget, etc. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! We went to a reception at Lolli's in May. I have not looked into them, yet. I have an appt with The Canton Club tonight. We are getting married at St. Haralombos in Canton. I would like something close. They are putting in a new event center, but the caterer did not send me a menu after I requested one. I may call her back. I really like The Quarry, but it is $43/person with alcohol. I should mention we are getting married on a Sunday, so I do have some bargain power there.
  • JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Lolli's (was the cheapest we found but need at least 150 guests to secure the banquet room) 2. Willowdale Lake Country Club (this is who we went with. Starts at $19.95 p/p. $26.95 with alcohol. However, that price includes EVERYTHING. There are no hidden costs) 3. 356 Fighter Group. (a little high for our budget but not too overly priced) 4. The Civic Center is gorgeous! (parking is extra $) 5. Santangelo's
  • edited December 2011
    I have never heard of Willowdale Country Club. Where are they exactly? I did email the Civic Center awhile back and never got a call back. Does anyone know if they allow outside caterers or who they use.FI family owns the Desert Inn. MIL mentioned being able to cater ourselves. But I am not sure if they have enough china, etc for 200 people. If you have to rent, you don't really save any money.
  • edited December 2011
    My reception is at The Quarry Golf Club. It is about $48 a person with alcohol. We also checked out McKinley Grand Hotel which was about the same price. We also really liked Chenoweth Golf Club which is off of I-77 on Arlington Road. It was a little more resonable than the 2 sites listed above.
  • edited December 2011
    Here is a whole list. Hope it helps. Just keep looking. You'll find one you can afford and love.http://aweddingwish.wordpress.com/2009/07/01/venues-stark-county/
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine is getting married at the Metropolitan Centre in Canton.  I know that you book the hall itself and I want to say it's like 1500 (maybe?) and then you bring everything in, catrer and alcohol.  Here's the link:http://www.metropolitancentreonline.com/
  • edited December 2011
    You ladies have been great! I will def check out Metro Centre. I thought the went through Blue Olive, which is a little high. We went to Canton Club and they will allow us cater but have to get the alcohol through them. It is a maybe, but if we could do both, it would save us a ton.
  • JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! Willowdale is in North Canton (close to Jackson) at Massillon Rd. and Strausser. The hall is great but only holds 200. Pretty sure Charlie Brown catering is who does the Civic Center's catering. Good luck--you'll have to tell us where you decided!
  • jbelle18jbelle18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently went to a wedding at the Foltz Center and it was really pretty! Mr Mike's food is amazing too! We are having ours at the Knights of Columbus in Massillon and I didn't think they were very expensive, they have Santangelo's cater. http://weddings.theknot.com/pwp/pwp2/view/MemberPage.aspx?coupleId=7071754811457490<-- my bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards