Texas-Austin
Options

ceremony musicians

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any ceremony musicians (that preferably include a violin.) My grandfather used to make violins and because of open heart surgery wont be able to make it to the wedding and I thought a good way to honor him would be for someone to play one of his violins during the ceremony. I'm having trouble finding reasonably priced people though.... Thanks!

Re: ceremony musicians

• Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Contact the music department at Concordia. We have several violin students and/or instructors who may be available. The music dept is headed by Patricia Burnham (patricia dot burnham at concordia dot edu). You can also check out UT, but I can vouch for the Concordia people because I work with them and they have performed for many on-campus functions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Laura with Anima Strings. I went to high school with her, and she's super nice. [url]http://www.anima-strings.com/[/url]
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We loved Sarinda Strings. They are TX State students and pretty reasonable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might also put an e-mail into the Austin Symphony Orchestra to see if they could spread the word amongst their musicians for you. If you tell them about your grandfather, that might seal the deal. What a great idea!
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• Options
    may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also try the UT Music Dept. as well as TX State.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards