Massachusetts-Boston

***ekobs***

hey girl! i've been a little MIA on here lately, but it's DH's birthday tomorrow and I really want to make your famous oreo balls! I would love the recipe again...I lost that whole fabulous thread with all of the delish recipes =( Thanks!!!

Re: ***ekobs***

• edited December 2011
    Omg...Sorry to butt in, I was just talking about those on the other post....They def. have to be famous by now and they sure are a hit! Slightly addictive too if I may add....
  • edited December 2011
    Haha they are SO addictive! Dawn, I got the recipe from someone at work too. How did the mint ones come out? Ok so here's the recipe: Ingredients 1 package of Oreos 1 block of cream cheese Dipping chocolate (what you use for choc covered strawberries) Toothpicks Wax paper Crush the Oreos up however you want to. I put them in a big sandwich bag and use a soup can. Try to get them so there are no big chunks. Put the cream cheese in the microwave for about a minute to soften it, then mix it up with the crushed oreos. Put the mixture in a food processor or use a blender or mixer until it is homogenous. Then roll it into little balls and put it on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Stick it in the fridge for an hour. Melt the chocolate using the instructions on the package. Use the toothpicks to dip the oreo balls in it. I usually get 2 or 3 different kinds of chocolate and drizzle a different kind over the top than what I dipped it in.
  • edited December 2011
    All this talk of food lately--- I'm 100% positive i'm not fitting back into my dress after these posts. ;) those oreo balls sound AMAZING!  My favorite ingredients. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The mint balls were absolutely delish as well! My friend used a few peppermint patties to make sure the balls had a defined "mintyness" to them....Geez I feel like a perv talking about these oreo balls....Time to go take my mind out of the gutter....
  • cazzysmithcazzysmith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh yummy thanks for this post!
  • edited December 2011
    Ha, FI just asked me to make them tonight for his aid's birthday.  Dawn, my friend's daughter calls them turds lol.
  • edited December 2011
    hahahah i can see why she would say that... SMASHING SUCCESS!!!! thank you so much =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards