Honeymoon Discussions

costa rica in june

We are thinking of going on our honeymoon to Costa Rica in late June, but I've heard it is rather rainy then. Has anyone been there in this time frame and would they recommend going then? Is there a coast (West or East) that is less rainy in June? Can you recommend a Costa Rica travel agent? Thanks!

Re: costa rica in june

• I went to Costa Rica in late June and it rained every day for at least a little while.  This wouldn't necessarily ruin your trip- you'll probably be in the jungle for at least part of it, and the rain doesn't matter so much there.  We still had a great time but didn't do much laying around on the beach at all.  No help with which coasts would be better and we booked everything ourselves, sorry!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • We went the first week in July.  It rained for about an hour a day when we were in the rainforest (Tortuguero).  I remember the same thing happening in Arenal.  We finished up on the west coast at Paradisus Playa Conchal and it didn't rain for three days.  I don't know if that's typical, but you may have better luck in coastal beach areas like Playa Conchal.  We were perfectly happy with when we went - we had ponchos that we threw on when it drizzled and it never really interfered with us doing anything.  We had a travel agent book our trip through Avanti Destinations and were pleased with all the arrangements.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • June is during the green or "rainy season". Yes, it will rain almost everyday but in my experience (I've been there several times in the green season) it will rain for an hour or so in the late afternoon. I'm getting married in July in Costa Rica regardless of the rain.
  • I went from June 16th-June 29th.  It usually rained in the afternoons but by then it was dark.  We spent time in Osa where the sun rises at 5 and sets around 5.  Most of the activites were in the morning.  I spent a week in arenal as well and again rained mainly in the later afternoons.  I didn't feel that the rain was a problem at all.  We booked the trip ourselves. We stayed at Jinetes de osa  (flew sansa to osa)Montana de fuego (they picked us up)Villa Blanca (los angeles cloud forest)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards