Missouri-St Louis

reception choices

We are considering either the Piper Palm House in Tower Grove Park or the DeMenil Mansion for our ceremony and reception in May.  Has anyone used either of these locations, and how was your experience?

Re: reception choices

• edited December 2011
    I was extremely interested in the DeMenil Mansion for our wedding but the man we had an appointment with there was SUPER pushy and trying to get us to sign a contract on the spot. I wouldn't have used him just because of the attitude. Also, upon touring, we discovered my 6'3" H would not have fit in the dressing room appointed to him because he is too tall for the ceilings in the building- so if you have a tall FI, Family, or Guests, be careful!
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • kdbisopkdbisop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked our reception at the Cafe DeMenil. The coordinator was very nice and not pushy at all. In fact he made a mistake and quoted us a much cheaper rate. When he figured this out instead of saying no, this is the new rate we were able to get the MUCH cheaper price. Thus far, he has been very helpful in our planning.
  • edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding at the Piper Palm House. It was beautiful and very elegant!
  • ernrs2bernrs2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I grew up near Tower Grove park, so naturally we will be having our wedding at the Piper Palm House. We researched several sites and for the money you can't beat it! We have opted to have our reception elsewhere, but are very excited to have our ceremony there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards