Tennessee
Options

Tri-Cities girls?

Hey ladies! I'm already married, but I'm planning a wedding for some good friends of mine. They will be getting married next spring, probably April or May, in the Tri-Cities somewhere. We are just getting started, but I've been compiling a list of venues and ideas for them to go through and then we will probably visit some places and really get the ball rolling. I was just curious how many East Tennessee girls were still around here (I got married 3 years ago) and what everyone had planned so far.

Re: Tri-Cities girls?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we are a tri cities couple and have loved a ton of places in the area, however I'm not really big on putting the cost off to my family so we are actually gonna gt married at myrtle beach :)
  • Options
    eastTNbrideeastTNbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds nice blindT. Well, we visited Carnegie, Meadowview, Agota Springs and BANQ. BANQ might be neat for a cool reception, but we couldn't figure out how to make it work for an elegant ceremony and reception (both indoor) and the space feels a bit confused. They went all out on some things and other areas look unfinished and forgotten. It does seem like a neat place for an urban-loft feeling reception or party, it just didn't have the "wedding" vibe the couple is looking for. Of all of the venues, Agota Springs has by far been the least professional and quite unhelpful. Hopefully it was just with us though. It is a beautiful place, but we were put off by their lack of care. The bride loves Carnegie and the groom loves Meadowview, but both may end up being out of the budget because of the food costs. Maybe not Meadowview, but Carnegie most likely is. The people at both places are incredibly kind and helpful though, so we aren't taking them completely off the list. I'm gonna try to get them to visit a few places, like the Storytelling Center, where we can bring in our own food/caterer. This seems to be where the major cost is, and where the most savings could be.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Agota Springs this year. Only did the reception there and it was fabulous. It was one of the first events at Agota Springs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For photography, check with Jen D Photography. She did our engagements last month and will be doing our wedding in March. Her photographs are so good and she's very affordable. Hope this helps!www.jendukesphoto.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards