New Mexico

Interesting Rehearsal Dinner Alternative????

I have been toying with different ideas about the rehearsal dinner. My family and my FI family are not heavily involved with the wedding, which I am actually really thankful for. However, I would like to do something so everyone can visit and have a good time during the week of the wedding since many of relatives and friends are OOT. Originally, we wanted to some how incorporate our pets into the wedding since they are our kids. My venue would allow dogs but only outside on the patio. My dogs are spoiled rotten and would be upset to be left alone in a kennel outside. And then this popped into my head, since many of our family and friends have dogs, why not have a social for the guests and their dogs instead of a rehearsal dinner. I know Album Park in El Paso has a little dog park. So, I was thinking to serve finger foods like sandwiches and pasta salads and of course have treats for the doggies. I think everyone would have fun visiting and watching the dogs play. I know this is a rather crazy idea, and my FI actually thought it would be fun. But, I am curious to see what anyone else might think.
My Bio
omg! we're days away!
Photobucket

Re: Interesting Rehearsal Dinner Alternative????

• ametoyerametoyer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think thats a great idea! My dogs are like my children and I totally understand incorporating them some how. It's a great relexing way for everyone to mingle and have a good time. I think it would be a blast:)
  • edited December 2011
    I think thats actually a great idea and a great way to save money too! I'm going crazy wondering what to do with my rehearsal dinner cuz I have alot of OOT guest too! An actual dinner would be so expensive. I think you should go ahead and do it! Much more relaxing and everyone can go, you dont have to put restrictions on anyone.
  • edited December 2011
    I like it! It's different and a good way to alleviate some stress that the rehearsal dinner can bring. 
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's a great idea! to save money, my FI's dad said for the rehearsal dinner, we could have a barbeque in his backyard. & that way, the kids can run around & have fun, & we don't have to worry about disturbing anyone in a restaurant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards