Washington-Seattle
Options

What do you think of these shoes?

Too informal? I loooove heels, but I really think I want flats for the wedding. FI is not that much taller than me, and I have a really long walk on grass. I know I want bright green too. It's really hard to find! [img] http://tinyurl.com/yckyh7m [/img]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What do you think of these shoes?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i realy like them. Especially becuase you are having a rustic/country wedding right? i like the look of the burlapish bow. I think they are gorgeous.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes I am having a rustic-ish wedding. The bow looks burlappy because it's rows and rows of stitching. They're only like $35. I'm thinking about just ordering them no matter what. I mean, they'd look great with jeans if all else fails.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Either way, they will be great for day to day like you said. I want heels but i'm 5'1.5" and FI is only like 5'10". I like being short and flats=comfort! You could get heels and have these as backup. I think you should order them either way.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They do look a little casual to me, but I say order them too. You can always try them on with your dress and see what you think.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the shoes are awesome, and they would be so much more comfy and easier for a long walk on grass than heels.  and bonus if they dont end up working with the dress, they are great anytime shoes.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they're super cute but I'm on the fence about wearing them for a wedding. Can you post a pic of your dress?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they are cute... It would depend on the dress! You could also look at dyeable shoes... Then they would match your green for sure!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that they'd depend on the dress, but alas... I don't have a dress yet. I'm a little reluctant to order a dress without knowing what shoes I want to wear, because what if I cant find any flat shoes that I like? Then I will be S.O.L. if my dress is too short. I've looked for cute, flat, dyeable shoes and haven't found any winners yet. I wish I didn't have to walk so far on grass, or I'd totally just go with heels.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love them! I think they will be perfect. Who really cares if your shoes are a little too informal anyway, the most important thing is to be comfortable.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They're a bit too casual, IMO, but I say order them because 1) No one can really see your shoes unless you lift up your skirt 2) They look comfy 3) They're only $35 and 4) like you mentioned, if all else fails, wear 'em with jeans!  But regarding what you do end up wearing with your dress, I would strongly suggest buying the shoes to match the dress, not the other way around because, realistically, the dress will likely cost much more than the shoes. :)
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you'd wear them anyway, then buy them. =) I personally would get the dress first and then match the shoes to the dress. There's always those things that allow you to wear heels in the grass:http://www.thesolemates.com/how/index.phpIf you absolutely couldn't find anything, you could just find some flat dyeable shoes if you really wanted.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love them! As far as wearing them with your dress, I say do it! Be comfy, and like the girls said...unless you plan on lifting your skirt up, no one really sees them anyways. ...then again, I'm wearing elf boots. LOL
    -Liss EED (Estimated Eviction Date): February 18th, 17th, 21st and now the 14th. Who knows...they change the date every appointment! BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~February 2012~Siggy Challenge~Favorite Halloween Candy~
    My Sometimes Updated Belly Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards