Nevada-Las Vegas

Reception ideas.. Help needed! x

Hello, my first post! Just found this website - as a uk bride to be its been really helpful! Anybody had/been to Kahunaville in Vegas for a wedding reception? We want something informal and fun and found this place but not sure.. any feedback would be great. Also looking at hiring a Party Floor suite at Palms hotel and getting food and drink catering brought in and have reception there.. Does anybody know good catering comps out there? Have looked at some of the other places people have used like maggianos but future husband doesnt really like italian.. plus we want somewhere that looks abit different. Top of the world resturant looks good.. does anybody know whether you can have your own music in the private rooms there... they havent replied to the email i sent!! As im wearing a 50s dress i was thinking maybe even going to a burger bar diner style place might be pretty cool... but havent managed to find anwhere like that... yet!Sorry for rambling! Any feedback/ recommendations would be great! x

Re: Reception ideas.. Help needed! x

• edited December 2011
    Hi! welcome to the board!I have been to Kahunaville many times but never for a reception. it's a fun place. For a in suite reception a lot of people use either masterpiece catering or Jason's Deli. Top of the world is very very expensive and no out side music or private rooms. you would have to rent out the restaurant to do that.There is a 50's diner in the stratosphere, it's really good and the staff is great, they even sing and they have a live DJ there already.
  • Ray_RayRay_Ray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome! I'm a UK bride too and am getting married 4 weeks today,  We're doing an insuite reception at Mandalay Bay. There are links to all of my vendos in my bio if you want to have a look in there for ideas? Also, the vegas knottie list has links to other peoples sites, I find them really useful for inspiration.Have you worked out any details yet? Any idea where you're getting married?
  • ms_mogwaims_mogwai member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Suzeevan! I'm another UK bride. We're having an in-suite reception at the G-Suite on the Fantasy floor at the Palms. There's security on the elevators to that floor in the evening, so it probably wouldn't be possible to have outside catering. We're using the Palms own catering department for our reception. If you want, I can forward the menu to you.Other cool suites include the Absolut Suite at Caesar's, the big one at the Orleans, The Apex at Planet Hollywood, The Vista, Media or L Suites at Mandalay Bay and the Terrace Suite at MGM. There are more - but can't remember them all at the moment. Most hotels have big suites that they don't advertise on their websites thoughGood luck with the planning!
  • marie301978marie301978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ms_mogwai I have been debating about the g suite in palms, could you forward me your email contact there & catering  prices please! Thanks.   Email: lisa__williams@hotmail.com (Sorry to gate ctash you post suzevan!)I am a uk bride too, getting married in mandaly and also wearing a 50's dress lol My parents have been to tthe 50s diner and say its good fun! I was thinkinkg of this myself but have decided to go for an insuite! Just deciding which suite is a problem..I am also nervous about bringing in outside catering incase something goes wrong! Although noone on here seems to have had any problems! xx
  • edited December 2011
    hello uk brides! Please send me info MSMogwai that would be brilliant! s.vanpraag@hotmail.co.uk
  • edited December 2011
    When is your wedding Marie?  Mine is May 31st 2010. SO you have a 50s dress? Have you bought it yet? Im still looking... its hard to choose!   Yes im stuck between a suite and somewhere like the 50s diner or margaritaville.. i LOVE frozen cocktails so they have to appear at some point during the evening! lol  
  • marie301978marie301978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is May 13th 2010 (my b'ay) Going to Vegas 10th - 17th. Staying in Excalibur! I just want to get the reception booked so I can relax and start enjoying all the nice things to plan, like what shoes to wear!!!! :)I have bought Charlotte Balbier "Marilyn".. I Had a few wobbles about it at first but love it now!!! Have you looked at Candy Anthony & Vivian Of Holloway? They do fab 50s dresses.
  • edited December 2011
    oh yeah ive seen  that dress, its lovely! Have been to several gorgeous vintage places and tried lots on But havent found THE one yet... thinking of going to a dressmaker and having them make something as i have lots of ideas in my head but havent found anything to match them yet! Candy Anthony dresses are beautiful and have been to see them and they do pretty much exactly what i LOVE but dont really want to spend that much.... We will see!Yes I want to book reception too and get it out of the way - how many people do you have going over?
  • Stephanie110Stephanie110 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my reception at Kahunaville and really enjoyed it all of the guest said the food was good. The best part was the ben and jerry;s ice cream sunday station.
  • kcougar515kcougar515 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone been to a reception at the 50's diner? I think that sounds so fun! Just wondering the size of the venue -- would it be feasible for a reception with 30 people??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards