Georgia-Atlanta

Vendor Reviews

Well Im back from my honeymoon and thought I'd help some of you out with my vendor reviews. I really felt my vendors did what ever they wanted and not what I asked with an exception of a few. Heres my good, bad and ugly.I used a church St Annthony's in the west end area, its a catholic cathedral, absolutely gorgeous... but you have to arrange parking with the church next door, the church lady was a devil (she yelled at the bridal party while we were taking pictures, argued with me and was the worst part of my wedding).The ceremony musician, DR. Greg Nash, that I was required to use leaned trhe two songs I requested and my cousin sang, there were 4 other songs which he had to play the CD. Well he played the songs in the order he wanted. The mothers song played during our exit, our exit song played during my husband and the mothers entrances and my bridal song was playing way before i enetered. We knew but I dont think anyone else notice.The DJ Lonnie Luv who plays at Dugans on Old National was okay. He has a really good personality and was dressed nicely. But, he did not keep the party going as I expected from the club DJ, the party ended extremely early and I think he was a lot to blame. Dont think it was worth the extra money. He alo did not play my songlist i gave him.William Agan captured moments photography was excellent, he was on time and people say he was everywhere. Great pricing, good payment plans. He did leave a little early but guests said he was always somewhere taking photos. Packaged included bridal portraits, engagements portait and album for $1200, have not seen final pics yet other thatn first 2.Wedding Video Memories- excellent, stayed to the last minutes, included photography with videography- 2 people. Seemed to be evverywhere all the time without really being noticeable. Arrived before I arrived. Havent seen final project but expecting good things My makeup was done for free buy Alicia Durden- she was wonderful, all we had to do was have a party, she was as good if not better than any makeup salonReception- Hilton Garden Inn on Sullivan Road- I worked with Rosanna- planning was a very bad experience here, I  was told the day of she did great, but I wouldnt recommend any bride to put themselves through it Scott Transportation Limo company was fine $60 for an hrBridal Sense was very inexpensive and pressed my dress for freeFlowers- wedding in silk- flowers were real-like no problems, georgia griffin is niceAlterations at brides atlanta- sizing was great but they resized my detachable train and all the hooks broke halfway through the wedding. we removed it before anyone noticedPlanner Nichole from True Elegance Bridal was good, always there for me, nothing bad to say, absolutely needed her there for making things go well and smoothlyThats it, loved my wedding, questioned my vendors, live and learnAny question feel free to email me, my colors were red, gold and chocolate brown so i will have things for salecontact me charismapowers@hotmail.com

Re: Vendor Reviews

• smooches4aejsmooches4aej member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Georgia Griffin as well from A wedding in silk. We are getting artificial flowers, which i'm kinda hesitant now about that decision. We liked the price difference, in the fact that fake was cheaper....she seemed to have good stuff...so i guess after our big day we'll post how the fake ones were!
  • MRowlandMRowland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did you find someone to do your makeup for free? Was she a friend?
  • bridecharismabridecharisma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    flowers-My flowers were silk and no one had a clue, it also doubled as a centerpiece because of the design i had come up with, ask her about me and she can show u the pic, I will email it to her this week. makeup- you have to contact alicia durden from mary kay, i doubt if everyone does it or knows how to do it. my mom and i went arbor place to go the the mac counter and she stopped us (it was vendor day) we started talking and she offered to do my makeup if we did a party. my mom did the party and she did my makeup trial there for free as well. On top of that she gace a credit for free items at the party. And some items for touch up after the wedding. I cried and everything and still needed no touchups afterwards. I was going for a natural look, see pic below
  • edited December 2011
    You looked beautiful!  Sorry things didn't go so well with all vendors.
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't know Arbon Place had a M.A.C counter??? Where? That's who I want to do my makeup.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards