Second Weddings
Options

No Diamonds

Anyone have an egagement ring that does NOT have a diamond as the main attraction?? Hubby and I have rings....his has diamonds (kinda like an anniversary ring) and mine does not (which I am NOT complaining about). My ring has a pink stone at the center and I really like it, however, it doest match everything. Anyone else faced with this challenge??TIA

Re: No Diamonds

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a canary diamond with pink and white diamond accents. It's pretty gaudy, according to some, but I love it. To be honest, I never gave two thoughts as to whether or not it matches anything else I'm wearing.
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a sapphire as my first engagement rign to first (now ex) husband.  I wore that ring for 18 years and never thought about what it matched and what it didn't. I wanted the full-on diamond this time, and that's what i got.  But I still love the colored stones.  I have a friend who has a beautiful black diamond and it is quite stunning.  Tam's (pp) ring is gorgeous.  I know, I've seen it up close and personal.  Engagement rings match EVERYTHING.  :-) 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We don't have engagement rings at all, and our wedding rings will be plain gold bands.  I figure those will go with anything.
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My e-ring is the pic in my siggy...Beautiful light blue, crystal-clear sapphire! I absolutely LOVE it!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH...forgot to mention...his ring is going to be a dark tungsten ring...won't match mine at all.  We don't care if they match, we just want to be ahppy with our rings!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've had a ruby for years that I loved & personally don't care for diamonds - we used my stone for my engagement ring, melted down 2 old settings I had for my band & had his band made.  Some (including future MIL) don't like it but I don't care - I'm wearing it not them!!  The only thing I worry about matching the stone is my nail polish - so clear works.  :)
  • Options
    JJWC3387JJWC3387 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! You all truly made me smile (-: I will have to post a pic of mine and I hope you all do the same!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In my first marriage I had a white gold ring with a garnet as the center stone and small diamond side stones. This time, I have an Emerald in the center and small diamonds on the band. PIB. But it's not an engagement ring and all of the bands I've tried on with it don't fit, so I'll be putting it on my right hand after the wedding and wearing a band on the left.  We haven't picked out our bands yet though.
    MyBio
    Yes I am.....Living the Dream
  • Options
    hollieheidihollieheidi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am my Beloved's Bridal Set" src="http://www.crystalrealm.com/NG_DV-AVON-MS-ST036R_115.jpg" width=115 align=bottom border=0>handmade sterling silver puzzle ring with moonstone and sterling silver posey ring for wedding bandwe both fell in love when we saw it....wouldn't have anything else!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My great grandmother had a really beautiful fire opal engagement ring - just three opals in a row. Opals go with a lot, though.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    ZoolooZooloo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My first engagement ring was a garnet (my birthstone). I received a lot of compliments on it, and never really thought about whether or not it was matching my clothes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Planning Bio - A Total Work in Progress...
  • Options
    whis1970whis1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My first e-ring had a very tiny diamond and I wore a plain gold band with it. This time, I have the diamond solitaire, bigger than the first lol, and I will be wearing my aunts wedding set which has the large diamond in the middle with 5 smaller diamonds around one side. Means more to me than a ring we would have bought new because my aunt is like another mom to me and my uncle just passed away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards