Massachusetts-Cape Cod

POLL: Hair and Makeup

Who did or is going to do your hair and makeup??

Re: POLL: Hair and Makeup

• edited December 2011
    I'm having mine done at Artisan Salon in Falmouth... either two of the girls will come to my house and do it for us, or we'll go to the salon- can't decide!
  • edited December 2011
    Hair - Justine from Salon Justine (in Dennisport) Makeup - Judy Phillips They both came to my parent's house in Brewster the morning of the wedding, and they were both wonderful!
  • edited December 2011
    Lisa George did the hair and make up for myself and my bridal party. Loved her-- thought she did an amazing job. She came to us (we rented a cottage at the hotel to get ready in) and brought some assistants. We were all done and ready to go ahead of schedule www.lisageorge.com
  • edited December 2011
    for make-up artists that came to your site... was it ridiculously expensive? I am getting married in Brewster, and the make-up artist minimums are painful. Any tips out there? I am very close to just doing my own make-up because of the prices
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Do you mind me asking what kind of quotes you are getting for hair/makeup? Hair and makeup are two things I haven't investigated yet, and I fully admit I'm pretty scared to. ;-)
  • NavajoBrideNavajoBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!Im getting married soon also.I would love to help you out with your make-up delema.Im a master stylist and make-up artist as well.I live on the cape and Im avalible for a trial if you would like.I understand that make-up can range from 75.00 to 135.00 and up.Some artist charge a travel fee as well.I dont know the prices you have been getting but I can work within your budget.I also have assistants if needed for larger wedding parties.I can come to you the day of your wedding if you like.e-mail me hairapy_salon@yahoo.com
  • edited December 2011
    I brought my own hairstylist to the Vineyard from my salon at home.

I went to Boucle in Edgartown for pre wedding pampering, nails and makeup.
  • kass09kass09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I used Oceanside in Brewster.  They came to my parents house in Orleans bright and early (read: 6:15am).  They did a great job, and were a fun group.  Kathleen did my hair, Cassie did some of the other girls, and I think the other girl's name was Tracey?  Makeup was done by Sam.  They all did a great job.

I kind of though the makeup was pricey, $60, but that is just my opinion.

Hair for the girls was like $55 I think?  There was a travel fee.  Unfortunately, since there aren't a ton of options, you do what you have to do.  I would definitely recommend them though!  Expecially if you have a big group, they are very efficient.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, Kass!  I'm getting married in Brewster so that might work out well.  I'll definitely check them out!
  • edited December 2011
    amoire - the quotes I got were $350 minimum with bride + 3, additional at $65 per person extra (same quote for hair as make-up). I booked hair at that price because every girl is getting their hair done, but for make-up that seemed steep to me. Only 1 other person said she would consider getting her make-up done, and I wouldn't ask her to pay more than $50 so that would leave me with a $300 bill for make-up.. plus tip! I am also afraid that I will pay a lot for make-up, then not like how it comes out, even after trial runs. I think my biggest dilemma is that no one will travel for just one or two people (I don't really blame them, but I'm still frustrated!).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, Adrenalin!  The more I think about the costs, the more I wonder if I should just do some trials at Mac or Sephora, buy some base products, and do my own makeup.

I did email Lisa George earlier this week and got a general quote from her, but $250 just for the bride (hair and makeup) seems like a lot to me...
  • edited December 2011
    I am usually on the Boston or RI board since my wedding is up that way but, was just checking out the cape board. Always dreamed of a cape wedding:) Anyway, the only thing I have done other than my venue is Hair. I am using Emily at I Do, she was recomended by my friends sister. The price list says 85$ for the bride and I don't think thats to expensive. not sure about the bridesmaids hair. I didn't even ask about travel fees??? Her website is www.Idoweddinghairnewengland.com
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Elizabeth Nightingale for makeup - she travels and has no minimum. Also, Salon Justine travels with no minimum and neither one has travel fees.

My sister got married in NJ, but did the mall thing - she used the Bobby Brown make-up artist from the mall and we all looked great. i think the most important thing is having a trial.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards