Virginia-Richmond
Options

Richmond DOC?

I swear there were posts about DOCs on this board before, but now I don't see them, and the search doesn't turn up anything.I would be interested in recommendations from any ladies who found great coordinators int he Richmond area as well as a general price range of what to expect.  I'm pretty organized and crafty, so I really just want someone who will run the show and execute everything day of--I don't need any advance coordination help with invitations, favors, or whatever.TIA!

Re: Richmond DOC?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Courtney Whallum with Planning Stories. She normally charges 500 for DOC but discounted it a little because, like you, I had done alot of the details ahead of time and didn't need much help.   Her info is in my bio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello!I am using Christy Harman from Celebrations of a Lifetime. My wedding is not until October but so far she has been amazing.  Another knottie recommended her to me with raving reviews. You can check out her website at http://christyharmanevents.com/ and her prices seem to be very reasonable (about 400-500$ depending on how involved you want her to be). Definitely check her out!
  • Options
    gudch1gudch1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Christy Harman too, for my May 2010 wedding.  I have been very pleased so far. 
  • Options
    cytenahcytenah member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hi there, I just got married on August 8 and used a DOC that didn't turn out so well. please email me at cytena at gmail dot com and I'll fill you in.  I haven't had time to do my vendor reviews yet
  • Options
    FutureGuntherFutureGunther member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a little late, but I'd like to recommend my DOC - Courtney Spencer (of the Little White Book blog fame) has a new company called Merriment Events.  However, she's been in communications/branding/events and dabbling in wedding planning for years now.  We're using her for services that fall between DOC and full service (we're a 100% destination wedding) and we're paying around $1500, but she's very flexible based on what you need.  Her references were spotless and thus far (still 8 months away from the wedding and a solid 4-5 months away from any of her real obligations to us) she has been in touch frequently with little suggestions here and there, vendor recs, etc.  Plus she's simply a delight to be around!  Highly recommend getting in touch with her if you're still looking.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I am kind of late to respond- but I used Christy Harman as well and she was awesome. There should be a review in my bio- presuming it still works, I haven't been on here in a while!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards