California-San Diego
Options

Argh. My photographer DIED!

This is great...My original photographer, which was from Visual Celebrations, passed away on Thurs. This photographer was one I'd found from the San Diego Bridal Bazaar, and I'd sent a termination of contract letter to over a month ago. I started small claims proceedings to get my $250 deposit back from them since I'd heard nothing after he missed our engagement photo session, and now the only photographer the business had has passed away. I feel bad for the man's family, since he's now passed on, but at the same time, I can't just eat the $250 check that they cashed. That's money I could be using on other things. And one would think, with all of the phone calls and emails to his email addresses, that SOMEONE would have responded to let me know that he passed away or was even ill.My mom thinks I should just wait and see if I get a response from the company, but I have a court date already for Nov. 3rd with the owner of the business, one Nancy Murphy. I'm sorry, but I can't just let it go...

Re: Argh. My photographer DIED!

• Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I posted on P&E but I will post here too. YOU SUCK.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mocha beansmocha beans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dude, how the eff would you feel in his widow's shoes?  Congratulations, you are officially one of the most inconsiderate assess that I've had the displeasure of coming across.  Your plaque will be in the mail in the morning.
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    you're fuucking disgusting for complaining about some bullshiit like this.  HE DIED.  He didn't not return your calls or failed to show up - HE DIED. Get over your fuucking self.  You are more than ridiculous and selfish.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Unbelievable!  Are you serious???  This has to be a joke. 
  • Options
    wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask yourself....in 10 years, how much will this $250 matter? Let it go.
  • Options
    tsterngirltsterngirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really? Wow. Unbelievable and tacky
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't logged on here in months, but are you kidding me? I can't believe what I am reading. You are a terrible terrible person. I weep for the poor sap you have tricked into marrying you. Please leave "one Nancy Murphy" alone, the last things she needs to do is be dragged into court. A condolence card would be sweet and you'll have a much better chance of seeing your precious cash again when she finally starts putting back together the pieces of her life. You know that guy you can't wait to marry and can't live without? Nancy Murphy had one of those. He just died.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you're horrible. i hope you hug your fi a little bit closer tonight and count your blessings that he is around. forget the $250. in the grand scheme of life in general, it means nothing.
  • Options
    sarabellamsarabellam member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have seen some fuckturded posts in my day, but this one undoubtedly takes the cake. Did you ever stop to think, what with your limited cognitive capacity, that the family had other more important things on their mind during this time than checking this poor man's email?!? I truly hope you get what you so richly deserve in this life.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on all of the above.  It is so disappointing to me to read your post, Sprzout.  You should be ashamed of yourself.  You are heartless.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They definately should have informed you earlier with what was going on and they should give you your money back yes it's sad that this happened for his family but that doesn't mean they should get your money. I'd proceede with the court date as schedualed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Appearently I'm a heartless B because I just read all the other posts your getting but seriously they've had over 2 month to contact you and update with what was going on they knew what was happening and left you in the dark leaving no choice obviously you had already filed the paper work for small claims court before he died and before you were even aware of what the situation was because they failed to contact you with what was going on. It's not like your sueing this dead mans family you sueing a company which failed to keep up with their end of a contract.
  • Options
    barijanebarijane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow guys, chill out and read carefully.  Nancy Murphy is the business owner, not the widow, as far as I can tell.  Sprzout, I think you are perfectly in the right to expect a company to act professionally toward you, even in the event of a catastrophe befalling one of their employees.  Of course this is a terrible, terrible thing for the man's family and even co-workers, but you are not bothering his family.  You are simply expecting the company who employed him to honor their contract.  Maybe I'm a bad person too, but it seems to me that your beef is with a business transaction with the parent company, not with this poor man and his family. 
  • Options
    barijanebarijane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I have to revise my statement.  Just went over to P&E and read the post there - apparently the widow is a co-owner of the business.  If Nancy Murphy is the widow, then yeah, you should hold off on dragging her to court.  I know our priorities can get screwed up when we're wedding planning, but if the lady you mentioned is the owner who was married the photog, she is going through way too much now to deal with what is, on the relative scale, something pretty minor.  BUT, if Nancy Murphy is the other co-owner, and not the widow, then idk, possibly still OK to go through with this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry for all the horrible things the other girls posted and although they have a right to state their opinions, since you did ask, they could have acted a little more classy, but again you can't buy class. Hope everything works out for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is a terrible situation for all parties involved and I'm sorry that anyone has to deal with this. You posted about your photographer concerns in what I believe was weeks maybe even months ago, so those who frequent this local board often would know that you had started these preceedings way before you even knew the photographer had passed away (or even knew he was ill). You heard nothing from the company until what sounds like yesterday. You have every right to feel the way you do, but if I were in your position, I would probably hold off on the claim. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
  • Options
    daniellepandadaniellepanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you are probably frustrated but this one of those situations where you should really just eat the $250 and move on. the amount of $ its going to cost to try and fight for $250 from somebody who is now passed away and probably has no money after his family pays off his credit cards, loans, mortgage , funeral, etc you most likely wont see a penny...plus its really inconsiderate to go through with this in regards to his wife im sure she has a lot more concerns then this right now im sure she wouldn't event show up to court.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, posting because I have some perspective on this.Calvin called us 30 MINUTES before he was supposed to show up to our wedding a few weeks ago, saying he wouldn't be there. We find out while out on our honeymoon that he died shortly after that. So, obviously he was very ill. As far as we could tell, Visual Celebrations was just run by Calvin and his wife. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's who Nancy is.Look at it this way - you have time to hire another photographer. We didn't. Give her some time to deal with the death of her husband and realize that your situation could be a lot worse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards