Honeymoon Discussions

Cheap honeymoon cruise?

Anyone know if it's possible to find a honeymoon (could be a cruise) for under $2000?  Only problem is I'm getting married in late March, which seems to be right around Spring Break time so not sure if I'll find any good rates.  Would need to leave out of NY area. 

Re: Cheap honeymoon cruise?

• A 3 night cruise to the western Caribbean will probably be less than 2k. Problem is, it doesn't include drinks and those can add up quickly. Cheaper cruise lines are carnival and norweigan.
  • We took a 7 day cruise on Royal Caribbean leaving from Port Canaveral for about $1500 for the fare. We spent about $2200 total including parking at the port, extra food and beverages, etc.I would look into spending the money to fly to Florida and leave from there. The airfare is generally inexpensive (NY to Orlando or Miami) and you'd get much better deals from those ports.
  • In college for spring break we went on a 5 night cruise one year.  For DH and I it was a lot less than $2000.  Closer to $1200 probably.  The 7 night cruise we went on last August was under $2000 for the two of us.  Not sure how airfare would factor in though.  We drove each time to the port.
  • We cruised with Carnival the last few days of April/first few days of May and barely saw any kids.  The college kids were getting ready for finals and most parents probably kept their kids in school/saved their vacation days for summer break.  If you're ok with a delayed honeymoon, you can avoid the spring break price markup and avoid the college kids... who tend to be a little out of hand.Also, don't book through the cruise line.  There are SO MANY discount cruise brokers out there who are a lot cheaper.  Do your research.  I found a 7 day Eastern Caribbean Carnival cruise for $649pp for an oceanview cabin that included a $100 in-cabin credit (for drinks or excursions) leaving on 4/25/10.  If you're willing to do an inside cabin, you can save a lot more.  Honestly, you'll only be sleeping there anyway.  And if anyone asks you what you want as a wedding gift, you can always ask them to pre-book your excursions as a gift.  (We did that one Christmas when my family was asking what we wanted as a gift.  We just gave them our booking number and told them which excursion we wanted to go on.)  I believe Carnival also allows you to bring 1 bottle of alcohol on board per person, but it's not widely known.
  • ours was under 2000 with princess cruise lines. Eastern Carribean cruise.
  • FI and I recently booked a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas, and it is $1055 for an oceanview cabin (including tax, fees, and travel protection). We were lucky in that my dad had frequent flier points that he gave us for airfare to Miami, so that helps to defray costs quite a bit. The cost above does not include alcohol, taxi from the airport to the pier, and on-shore excursions. We are cruising with Norwegian Cruise Line. www.ncl.com
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards