California-Northern
Options

Places to Register??

My FI and I have started looking at places to register - we have thought about Crate & Barrel, Williams-Sonoma, Bed Bath & Beyond and Macy's.  From friends we have heard good and bad about all these places regarding service and ease of use for the bride and groom as well as guests that will be purchasing items.  I would love to hear where you ladies have registered and how easy the process was or has been with the various places you have chosen and any problems you have encountered.  Thanks!

Re: Places to Register??

• Options
    sm23sm23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Macy's, Sur La Table, and MyRegistry.com.Macy's: Was easy for us to register, and I've purchased from other people's registries there before. We've had a very good experience with them. Their items often go on sale, plus some of the brands - like our china and kitchenaid - had bonus gifts at some point. I highly recommend Macy's.Sur La Table: This has not been a good experience. Registering online was a huge pain in the butt. They have an outdated computer system that made the process very confusing and time consuming, and the one time I went in store with my mom to check something out, their registry system was down that entire day - made me wonder how many other times that had happened to our guests... I don't recommend them.MyRegistry.com: This is a catch-all site that lets you put items from all different stores and web sites on one place - that way we avoided having a registry at Crate and Barrel, Williams Sonoma, etc. for just a handful of items. It's worked out ok for us but none of our guests have used it - which makes me wonder if it's hard to use or just unfamiliar to people? I know the site often makes people sign a guestbook for us (don't ask me why) when they get there, so maybe that's scaring people off.Bottom line - most people have given us money, which works just fine for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are registered at Williams-Sonoma, Bed, Bath and Beyond, and Target. We haven't had a problem with any of them.  We've also only just started receiving gifts so I don't know about difficulty for guests. Williams-Sonoma is really easy though, they give you the store on a sunday morning with complimentary breakfast. When we went we were the only two in the store.
  • Options
    sm23sm23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also -- I've heard BB&B is a great place to register. But I've been told Target can be difficult with returns, so check into that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Target, BB&B and Crate and Barrel.  As pp said--BB&B was really helpful/nice when we went in the store.  When we went to Target to register at the store, the store we went to was being renovated and didn't have the scanners for that available.  So we just did it online.  Easy, but we don't have a lot of stuff on it because of that.Crate and Barrel--very easy to do, but we started our registry early (May for our October wedding) because we were both taking the Bar and would not be available to do anything mid May-August.  EVERY time we came in, they were a bit snarky about that (I think we heard "you know you'll have to come back in since your wedding is in October, right?" about eight times).Most of our guests thusfar have gone to BB&B for gifts.  We HAD registered at Macy's, but felt that MAcy's basically had the same things we already registered for at BB&B and Target.hth.  good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We registered at C&B, Macy's, and Target.C&B was easy to register for, easy to add things online, and easy to return items. I've had no problems with them at all.Macy's has a lot of things that discontinue. They have an easy return policy. And they have sales all the time, so your registry items are often on sale, which is great for your guests. Oh, and when we went to go register, the ONLY person who does the wedding registry went on her lunch break, so we would have had to wait for her to come back or have us come back at another time. I mean, really, only ONE person on your whole staff that can do a registry? Really?? So other than that one thing, Macy's has been great too.Target has been okay too. DH set up the registry online and said that it was easy to do. The only thing is that some of our camping stuff would be purchased, then still say it was available to be purchased, so we got three of the same thing. Their return policy was easy, just print the gift receipt online if we didn't have it, then return at the store.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We started out registering at Target. Then, after reading more on their policies, we deleted most items on it. Then we registered for BB&B...it was alright, and we left some stuff on it. But then we found the Macy's registry and it was EXCELLENT! We ended up registering for 90% through them and like 3% Target, 7% BB&B. I am so happy with our Macy's registry. We still get money back and reward benefits 13 months later!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    hmschultshmschults member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Macy's and Bed Bath and Beyond. I have not had any problems with either. The things at Macy's seem to be more expensive..but the ease seems great. We have recieved gifts from both registries in person and through the mail. I am very happy wih them so far
  • Options
    bmxxteasebmxxtease member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered at BB&B, JcPenney, and Target. All of them have access to registries online so that things can be added later on and all of them also have completion discounts of either 10% or 20%. Target does have a horrible exchange policy but I knew that our guests are pretty practical with giving gift receipts so it all worked out for us. I was happy with our registry selections.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SpiffyJIASpiffyJIA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're registered at Traveler's Joy (a Honeymoon activities registry), Crate&Barrel, Macy's, and REI.  So far so good for all of them and each one is different enough that our guests have lots of options!I especially recommend the honeymoon registry.  We're only asking for activities, so our guests aren't paying for the HM itself, but I really like the idea of giving things like a spa treatment or a tour we might not be able to afford otherwise.  FI and I have lived together for a while, so we don't need much to start a household.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Macys, BBB and C&B. BBB makes you sit there through a china presentation before they let you register. I told them several times I was not interested but they kept pressing the issue and showing me pieces. Macys also has a little spiel they make you sit through about the rewards and their macys card. Make sure you a lot for time to sit through those. Other than that we had no problems. It did seem like some of our stuff was discontinued and we had to redo our registry. So register close to your wedding. C&B was the least intensive registry. They took my DL, handed me a gun and off we went.
  • Options
    mjlkhkmjlkhk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Bed Bath & Beyond, Macys and Target. All price ranges. Bed Bath & Beyond was AMAZING...I suppose it depends on the store you go to, but I loved the one here in the Southbay. :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    jackelbridejackelbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are registered for BB&B, Amazon.com, and Pampered Chef. I haven't received anything from BB&B yet but Amazon.com and Pampered Chef are AMAZING! And I know they both have lenient return policies. I registered online for things that I knew I wanted... then went to the store to check out china and a few other things... then updated my registry online.So I never had to sit through a spiel. I can't find the time to sleep and eat properly these days so actually going to the store to register was out of the question!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for all your help! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BED, BATH AND BEYOND - You can use their 20%off coupon and they accept EXPIRED coupons.  You can definitely take advantage of the coupon on your gift registry items including your china (ie. LENOX) They also have EXCELLENT special promotions going on with CALPHALON.  For example, my fiance and I had our wedding shower in Texas couple weekends ago and we got A LOT of BBY gift cards.  Thanks to my future MIL's friends, they're extremely generous to us!  Anyway, we've spent over $800 worth of Calphalon products and by the time we checked out at the registry, we got $100 BBY GCs for FREE and TWO Calphalon Unison Dutch ovens worth $150 each!  The asst manager even recommended for us to return the second dutch oven and exchnaged it for a store credit.  Basically we've spent over $800 and we've SAVED $508.99!!!  So yes so far, BBY has been really good and generous to me and my fiance :-)  HiGHLY RECOMMENDED!  Enjoy your wedding registry!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards