Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Bridesmaids gifts - when to give

When did you give your bridesmaids their gifts? Is it customary to give them at the rehearsal dinner? Ditto with the groomsman gifts...my fiance asked me the other day because he wanted to know when he should decide what to get and have it ordered by...and I didn't really didn't have a great answer.We're still a ways out but I thought I'd ask now since I'm thinking about it.And while we're on the topic - what did you get them?

Re: Bridesmaids gifts - when to give

• edited December 2011
    I gave them all at the RD. Some people give them at a bridesmaids' luncheon though, but I wasn't having one of those.I broke etiquette and gave them things to wear in my wedding. I never said they had to wear them, though, and the items were handmade. I gave black capelets (winter wedding) and pearl necklaces that I put ribbon closures on. The girls liked having the cape because they didn't know what to wear with their dresses.My GM got personalized Steeler jerseys from my DH.HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    We gave our BM/GM gifts out at the Rehearsal Dinner.I gave my bridesmaids a pearl jewelry set (necklace, bracelet, earrings) and a hand painted wine glass with their initial on the glass and "bridesmaid June 27, 2009" painted around the base. They were painted to match my wedding colors. I also got each girl a bottle of wine. DH gave his GMs over-sized beer mugs with their last names engraved. He gave his Best Man a nice cigar set as well.
  • edited December 2011
    We gave them at the RD, but it's totally up to you when/where you do.I got the BMs Lolita glasses - each got a different one depending on their personalities.DH got the guys this cool decanter/shot glass set - it looks like it's going to tip over, the way it sits.
  • edited December 2011
    We are giving the gifts at the RD. The ladies are getting a Sephora perfume sampler (I loved mine and think this makes a great gift), jewelry to wear for the wedding, and their hair done.The guys are getting personalized baseball bats that say their name, BM/GM, and the date plus a steak branding iron with the initial of their last name. 2 of the guys (my brother and FBIL) are also getting steaks from Omaha Steaks since they are doing a reading and are the ones that have actually done something for this wedding, like come to FI's bachelor party.

Vacation

• edited December 2011
    We gave ours at the RD as well. GMs got engraved pocket knives and Texas Hold'em sets. I got my BMs silver flip flops for the reception, MIL made them jewelry and I put it in porcelein trinket boxes inscribed "today my bridesmaid, always my friend." I put everything in cute floral purses to present to them. Hope that gives you some ideas!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the replies: ) I think we'll end up giving them their gifts at the RD, though I have no idea what to gift them with yet...
  • edited December 2011
    We will present them at the RD in a way fitting to our Hollywood theme! We're still a way out so no idea what the GM will end up with (but I like PP's Steeler shirt idea), but as far as the girls' gifts, I am also breaking away from etiquette some: their dresses (they were only $30 at Macy's and the girls are stoked that they are able to wear again), I am making their jewelry (in their favorite colors, and each design for their personality/likes) and a small goodie bag with necessities and probably a Starbucks gift card (or other gc to somewhere they frequent).
    Crosswalk
  • edited December 2011
    We gave them out at the RD.  BMs got personalized tote/purses and matching make up bag, Bath&Body Work stuff, 2 set of jewelry (I decided after I bought the first set that it was too much for the wedding, so I bought another set and let them decide which set they wanted to wear), and their mani/pedis.We bought GMs their shirts for the wedding (they wore suits), ties and pocket squares and they each got a gift card to a place that made sense for them (Best Buy for our techie friend, Home Depot for the new homeowner, etc.)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm late to this but we are giving at RD - I got the girls black purse totes filled with a bracelet, necklace, earring set, a chinese silk purse holding that set, and elbow length gloves for them to wear.  Each bag is adorned with a Vera Bradley luggage tag.  I'm still debating on lolita glasses.  DF got each gm an engraved flask (with their full first name, no date or anything), and we're also getting them a fifth of their favorite alcohol. 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards