Virginia-Richmond
Options

Downtown Brides--Hotel Recommendations?

My mom is coming into town next week and one of the things she wants to do is scope out some hotels for out of town guests. Any recommendations?We're doing the ceremony at Wilton (so Windsor Farms/Near West End) and are looking at a reception downtown or perhaps Manchester.  We would be looking for someplace with reasonable or free parking, good ambiance, central location, and ideally free shuttles around downtown, since I know a lot of hotels do that.TIA!

Re: Downtown Brides--Hotel Recommendations?

• Options
    FutureGuntherFutureGunther member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I got to a lull in my planning and didn't come on here for ages...  Anyway.  I can highly recommend both the Jefferson (high end) and the Crowne Plaza (more reasonable) for all the things you're looking for.  Omni might also be a good higher-end bet, but I have no experience there.  There's also a Marriott, but I'm not a huge fan of the location.  The new Hilton Garden Inn has gotten some good reviews.  I'd stay away from Linden Row Inn - not the nicest and essentially no service, no shuttles, etc.  The Berkeley can be a good bet if you negotiate a decent rate, but I'm not sure about their shuttles since they are actually located right in the middle of just about everything you'd want to do downtown.Hope that helps!  Good luck!!
  • Options
    JenniferkhJenniferkh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used the downtown marriott and actually stayed there ourselves so we didn't have to drive back to the w.end that night.  i HIGHLY recommend them.  their group rate coordinators are so easy to work with and they're extremely helpful.  they'll send you a list of all your guests who have booked rooms, etc.  at the Marriott you also don't have to guarantee any rooms on your own creidt card... you get the discount rate without that silly system.  they were acutally finishing up some pretty big renovations when we were there, including a new Starbucks and restaurant in the lobby.  i didn't hear a single complaint from our guests and if it gives you any idea, all of my contacts in the entertainment world stay there when they're in Richmond : )it's a great hotel with a great reputation for a great price.
  • Options
    JenniferkhJenniferkh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i almost forgot... they have a shuttle that will take your guests anywhere in the downtown area and pick you up when you call them, we got a ton of use out of this )you might have to arrange in advance for them to go out to Wilton)... they also have an indoor pool and a sundeck that got some use from our guests.  the only downside is the parking, it's worth it to just valet each day but i think it was >$10 a day
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards