Virginia-Richmond

Mankin Mansion

Anyone used (or attended) Mankin Mansion for their ceremony/reception?  It looks gorgeous.  I'm planning from afar so I'd love some tips/info if you have it.  Thanks ladies!

Re: Mankin Mansion

• edited December 2011
    I just recently booked my wedding at the mansion for next october. they were super helpful... and have been great since we booked. The planner has already been in touch to set up a meeting (which would be really helpful for someone planning from out of town.) I went last weekend to show my mom the site and they were setting up for a wedding. It looked beautiful, and there were lots of staff on site helping out and tending to the guests who were already there.
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't mind me asking are Manakin Mansions rates pricey? I know they do the whole weekend getaway but what about for just an evening reception? It really is such a beautiful venue...
  • JenniferkhJenniferkh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we checked out this location when we were planning but decided not to use it for the following reasons:- it's not in a great area, kinda sketchy for guests to drive through at night- guests not staying there would be left with the airport hotels as the closest options- we weren't thrilled with the site itself once we visited it, not for the price anyway- there are many beautiful options in/around Richmond for much less.  although the all inclusive package they offer is definitely worth something, more places should consider this route- the restrictions on using their vendors was not ideal for bargain hunters like us- it does show up beautifully in pictures, we weren't as thrilled with it in person.  it's all very smushed together and not in the most beautiful areajust thought i'd share our views on it... many people seem to love it though : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards