Destination Weddings Discussions

Card Box - Needed??

I'm having a small destination wedding - about 40 people. My question is if I need a card box - is it appropriate? ?? Thanks!!

Re: Card Box - Needed??

• Hmmm.. we're doing a card box for both of our AHR's, but I didn't even think about the  DW itself.  I don't think it's necessary, but that's just my opinion! 
  • Nah, not for that group..at most it would be 18 cards right...I don't think you need it..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with pp, I wouldn't do a card box for a small group.

• Since we're asking people to come to our wedding and they're already paying for flight/hotel to get there, we're just going to have a "little bag" one of my bridesmaids will hold on to just in case people do give something. We don't expect anyone to give anything and having a box for cards give the assumption people are expected to give a gift...which isn't the case.
  • Good point above.  We stressed "presence not presents" since people are paying to travel to be there.  We are not expecting much if anything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_card-box-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:81b14ed9-bd59-420d-839a-33c465a216ccPost:8e35dcc1-b725-4f71-bf71-b6f430690caf">Re: Card Box - Needed??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good point above.  We stressed "presence not presents" since people are paying to travel to be there.  We are not expecting much if anything.
    Posted by SimplyMistaken[/QUOTE]

Us too!  I doubt you'll need a box.  We only got 2 or 3 cards in Jamaica and they were given to us privately and not during the reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards