Georgia-Savannah

Inexpensive "reception" ideas?

I was wondering if anyone could give me ideas for an inexpensive "reception." My mom has been having some health issues and we've decided to move our wedding up.... which means we have less time to save and are cutting quite a bit. I was thinking of just doing cake & punch in our hotel room, but I'd feel bad for making people travel all the way to Savannah (from Chicago) just for cake. There will be 8 adults and a preschooler and our plan right now is to get married in Whitefield Square. TIA!

Re: Inexpensive "reception" ideas?

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The rooftop at Churchill's would be a great place.  Just call them ahead of time and let them know you will be having a small gathering.  They will reserve a space for you.  If it is too cool or raining, they have other areas inside.  You could order several of their apps and munchies for everyone and I have seen people bring in a small cake.  You could also look into Jazz'd.  We had a baby shower there once and a rehersal dinner.  They have to back rooms where they put private parties. You could order several Tapas.  They also have entertainment. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • chosen175chosen175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions - I'll check them out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards