Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Holiday Cards

Julie got me thinking about this... Are any of you all doing holiday cards with your husbands or FI's? For example, sending out a picture of the two of you?

Re: Holiday Cards

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not us--but my family does one every year. We take a nice picture, add text in photoshop and print our regular 4x6 photos for .15 each--it's a good deal
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not this year.  FI isn't big on doing them as it is so I don't know if we will start when we get married or not.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I mentioned the idea to Jeff he got completely horrified that I was going to do some type of newsletter, which I have no intention of doing. He wasn't too keen on the picture holiday card... I'm kind of torn. Honestly, I don't want to spend the money, but part of me wants do it. I'd use a random shot from one of our travels from throughout the year.
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We (okay, I) plan on doing holiday cards this year.  We've talked about it before and David wasn't too keen on it, so I threw out the idea of having one with just the bird on it.  My dad did one with his dog on it last year, so I know it's something that our families appreciate/enjoy.  I'm thinking maybe we could train the bird to hold a piece of paper or a small sign that says "Happy Holidays." 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm toying with the idea of sending our Save the Date's in Christmas cards. Some days I want to, and some days I don't!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *magnets
  • Options
    prlmrg08prlmrg08 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to be doing New Years cards to announce our new baby girl with a picture of the kids :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to use a wedding photograph of me, Bray, and Justin as our hoilday cards. I think it's a nice way to follow up after the wedding.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not going to do a newsletter.  Not unless we had big news like a baby.  But I thought a little collage of some of our pictures:  one from the wedding, the one of us in NYC wearing our Statue of Liberty foam hats, and one from the Fair.  That'll be about it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to.  I'd like to take a picture of Steve, Anna, and I standing outside our new home.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mariah, I think that would be great! Emi, I like the idea of just using one of your travel pictures.  Wal-Mart does them pretty cheap (as I understand it) so that's where we'll probably go.  If we don't do a photo card, I may have a little collage made up to go in the cards we send out.  We'll see how it works out. PS:  we already started buying our own Christmas decorations.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I have this fear that it will be cheesy. I know people do it every year and have done so for years, but I don't want to be cheesy. And no, I'm not knocking anyone here that is planning on doing them. I think I'm still a little shocked that I'm at a point of in my life that doing them are acceptable. Does that make sense?? Julie - one of Jeff's good friends went on a European tour and sent out their holiday card as a collage. On the back they had a each place they visited. It was pretty neat. Maybe I'll send one out of us holding Jeff's massive Superman pinata from his birthday party. That would be non-cheesy/not overly formal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I must admit, I've actually done picture Christmas cards for the past two years with Chris and Gypsy.  Walmart online is pretty cheap, and I just have them sent to the store to get the free shipping.I don't do the letter like my one married friend does, but I probably would when we have bigger news like the wedding and then kids.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried to do this a couple of years ago and never sent them. :( With everything else that I will be sending out by the time I get married I think people would get tired of receiving stuff in the mail from us. lol You should just do it. You are still "newlyweds" and this is your first year as a married couple so celebrate. People will thank it is cute, and since you have been getting into shape. Girl I say it and your new Husband.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emi, I know what you mean about "I can't believe I'm at that stage of my life."  I used to associate picture Christmas cards with people who have kids (oh see how Susie's grown in this past year!) but lately we've been getting more and more picture cards with simply married couples, even ones of just people's pets (if they're single).  So I think the trend is growing.  It's no longer the Olan Mills family portrait Xmas card, haha. Personally, I'm just not big into picture cards.  I'll probably do them when we have kids, but for now I feel like the people who need to know what's going on with me already know that information, with Facebook and every other social media thing out there and all.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We actually did one last year. It was us and the pup. Snapfish (I believe that's who it was anyway) had a promo code for 20 cards for .01/each. I made up some email addresses so I could get enough lol. Then just had to pay shipping which wasn't very much. I did have to select from their designs though
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards