Illinois
Options

Champaign, IL

Ok so I'm pretty sure we have our venue down. But is there anyone that can give me some reviews on Bakers, Caterers, Photographers, Invitations and those sorts of things.Pretty much right now all I know is the Venue and Date, so I need some help!!!

Re: Champaign, IL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For cakes, I've heard good things about Erica's Cakes and The Cake Artists Studio (both in champaign). Not sure on caterer or invites though. For photographers, I HIGHLY recommend Beyond the Well Photography (formerly Bridges Wedding Photography). They're based out of Bloomington, but it doesn't cost anything for them to go to champaign. They are wonderful!!Here's the link to their site if you want to look at their work. http://www.beyondthewell.com/weddings/index.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    p.s. I love the quote in your siggy...it cracks me up!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!!! Very useful!!!Yeah that's actually the exact conversation between my FI and I when he asked me to marry him....it was hilarious!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Mahomet, reception in Champaign. Our venue is providing the food, so I'm no use there. We're using Mark Romine out of Bloomington as our photographer; he is amazing. He took all of the pictures that are in our photo guestbook which I have pictures of in my bio. As far as bakers, I had tastings at The Cake Artist's Studio, Erica's Cakes and More, and Sweet Designs in Mahomet. The Cake Artist's Studio was the best but most expensive. We're going with Sweet Designs. She is very resonably priced and really good. I can have a better review for you in 3.5 weeks, after our wedding :)I made DIY invites. I did check out Herriot's to get an idea of what the would be price-wise to order, and they had a great selection.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using a photographer out of Champaign. His name is Jeremy Fenelon. The reason why we are using him is because he shot my cousin's wedding and the pictures were amazing. My cousin and his mom gave a fantastic review of Jeremy. After meeting with him and looking at his work we knew he was the right photographer for us. jfimagedesign.com if you are interested.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We live in Champaign and I was all about ordering stationary online.  We ordered our Save the Dates and Invites from an Etsy vendor Inkylivie and our Thank You Cards from WeddingPaperDivas.  Check out Etsy if you're looking for something unique and cost-effective.  In my planning bio I have a vendor reviews section that includes most of the online vendors I used for stationary, accessories, etc.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    brittany_fannbrittany_fann member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married in Champaign. My venue has a list of like 6 caterers that are approved for that site. I have only interviewed 1 this far but I really like them. Chef Benjamin and Company. They do all custom menus so they will work with you for exactly what you want and are very helpful in working with your budget. We are waiting on a proposal from them as far as final cost.The other 2 caterers that have really caught our eye from the list are Jim Gould and Cameron's catering. I believe you should just be able to google them and find their websites. I hope this helps!
  • Options
    edsbedsb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Benjamin Lapid for photography, and invitations from Herriotts. I have been to a few weddings that were catered by Cameron's and the food was not good- wilted brown salad and such. Jim Gould's is very good, I haven't been to weddings that he has catered but have been to other events and the food is excellent.abarber340-Can you give more information on your cake now please??? I'm still need to find someone to do my cake!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    edsb - sorry, I just saw your post. There should be a picture of my cake in my married bio. I think it turned out great. It ended up costing us about $400 to feed 200 people. We had half of the cake in the display cake and the other half in sheet cakes. It was by Sweet Designs out of Mahomet. And, it tasted wonderful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards