Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I'm too nice

My friend has a little rat dog that is 3 years old and is still not potty trained.  She just casually slipped it into our email conversation that she'll be bringing this terror dog who barks non stop, who my cat hates, and that she will probably pee and poop at least once in my house in an 8 hour span.I should have told her to leave her at home.  But, I'm Mrs.Noballs and will allow this craziness to ensue.  Plus I wouldn't want to leave my dog at home for 8 hours.What's up with everyone else?  I hear it's columbus day or something like that in the U.S of A.  Is it a stat?  What is everyone doing with their long weekend?

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
"This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
Miss
Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
being healthy. blog.

Re: I'm too nice

• Options
    My H would have made me tell that chick she can't bring her dog!Yeah Monday is Columbus Day so my H and I are off work, three day weekend!  I don't know what we're doing tonight, but tomorrow we're helping friends paint the house they're getting ready to put on the market and Sunday we're having friends over for the Colts game and chili.  Hopefully it's not raining so we can have a fire out in our firepit too.  We'll see.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh. I'd probably suck it up and deal with the little monster for a while too. If it makes a mess, I'd like to think your firend would offer to clean it up so you don't have to.Columbus day is on Monday in the US. It's a bank and post office holiday...but not mine. Sad.
  • Options
    Uggggg good luck with that, Mandy. I know I wouldn't want to leave a dog for that long either, but still. Make sure she cleans up all the messes herself. Columbus Day isn't an off day for us, so I'll be here. I wish it were though because I'm going to the football game on Sunday and it would be nice to sleep in after a long day of drinking.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    It's not a long weekend in our company. I actually got an email from the office manager yesterday that said "reminder: we are open on columbus day". Saddest email ever.
  • Options
    Oh no! I have no balls either when it comes to saying "no" to my friends. I would never think to/want to bring my dog somewhere. I have a little mini schnauzer who is very well-behaved, but I still don't take him to my friends' places.
  • Options
    Hehe.  That's nice of you.  I bring my dog to every family function and holiday.  My dog is potty trained, but she's generally obnoxious otherwise.  I think this really annoys my mom, but she is nice enough not to say anything because I'd feel bad leaving her home all day on a holiday.
  • Options
    bathtubs are excellent for little rat dogs that pee and poo everywhere.  I don't get Columbus Day off... Maybe from school... I'll have to check on that...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yeah she'll clean up after her dog.  It's just not the point.  If your dog can't behave don't expect to bring it everywhere. I just found out she is working all day and then coming over after, so that would mean  her dog would be home all.day.  And she would never do that to her dog.  In order to see the friend, I have to see the damn dog.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I'm not getting Columbus Day off.  Boo.
  • Options
    How does one actually manage to get Colombus Day off? Unless one works for the post office.  I thought it wasn't pc anymore so we couldn't celebrate it. 
  • Options
    That dog would not be allowed in my house.  Although I may blame that on the cat if someone asked.  I have to work on Columbus day :(
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    State and federal offices get Columbus Day off.  I don't know why, but I'm not complaining!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well we certainly try to bring our dogs with us as much as we can.  I go home at lunch so that I can take care of them and they are only alone for 4-5 hours at a time.  8 hours can be rough on a little guy.  BUT our dogs are trained very well, and so bringing them places really isn't that big of a deal in the end.  Why doesn't your friend have poopy pads for her dog? 
  • Options
    I don't have Columbus Day off either, and I still have school Monday night too.  Totally bummed.Dogs like your friend has is a reason why I'm afraid to get a dog.  I realize that it's usually the owners fault, but I'm afraid I will let a dog walk all over me.  I know it's really, really pathetic.
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Her dog is liter trained but will not use my cat's box.  She is probably good at her own home about 90% of the time.  My friend kennels her during the day though.But, she will not poop in her liter box for the life of her... so naturally if she'll poop on my floor no problem.Everytime she's come over the thing pees on my bathmat.  At least I can throw it in the wash, but it's fuucking annoying.Ivy you can bring your dogs over anytime you want :) I love dogs and dog visitors... as long as they don't pee on my stuff.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    sweet!  puppy party at mandy's! dumb idea #576: why don't you pick up the bathmat?
  • Options
    dumb idea #576: why don't you pick up the bathmat?I agree with this.  My cat pees on ours if we leave it on the floor so we have to pick it up and hang it on the tub when not in use.  It saves the trouble of having to wash it and mop the floor underneath it all the time.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I just started closing all the doors to all the rooms.  I could pick up the bathmat though... duh! 

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Tell her she has to bring the dog's cage and she'll be expected to keep the dog in there most of the time. I work for a bank so we're closed Monday too!! The only big plan this weekend is Sunday evening FI & I have our theatre festival Gala--everyone gets all dolled up and then we party.  It's like a mini-Tony awards for the play festival.  This play festival is where FI & I met and the Gala last year was when we really had our first verbal interaction. Then I drunk facebooked him when I got home and the rest is history.  Monday I have a doc appt in the a.m. then I am going to look at some rings. One of the buildings here in town has several jewelers, and a few of them have a lot of estate jewelry, so I may have some luck finding something to fit my (grandmother's) e-ring. I also have an appt with a guy who custom-makes rings. Met him at a bride show and his rings were gorgeous. My friend is tagging along (she is getting married a few months after me) and we're going to lunch and cocktails after!!
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    betrothed- I haven't owned a bathmat in years for exactly this reason. why do cats do this?? now they just pee in the tub, which isn't so bad- I just turn on the water and rinse it out. cats are weird.
  • Options
    Columbus day is still a federal holiday. My office follows the US government holiday schedule (many places in DC do). When I lived in NYC we followed the days that the stock market was open (similar, but slightly different from federal holicays, columbus day and veterans day are not market holidays but good friday is.)
  • Options
    Columbus day isn't pc anymore. Here is SD we celebrate "Native American Day" instead
  • Options
    why do cats do this??Because they are evil.  My cat is quite the charmer.  He always wants to cuddle and be close to anyone (whether he knows them or not).  I'm convinced this is because he's trying to warm his way into your heart before striking.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    I guess before I started working for the bank, they used to get Good Friday off, then they took that away and gave either Columbus or Veteran's Day.  I'd rather have Good Friday.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    Heading to St. Augustine as soon as hubby gets home from work. We'll return Monday evening. We both took Tuesday off as well, and hubby has a couple of doctor's appointments.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards