South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Magnolia Plantation??

Hey ladies, I am from Philadelphia, but we cancelled our wedding here, and we are considering a Charleston destination wedding.  Does anyone have any thoughts on the Magnolia Plantation?  Or, has anyone seen a ceremony at the gazebo in White Point Gardens at the Battery?  Thanks in advance!!

Re: Magnolia Plantation??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister was married at the gazebo about 6 years ago. It was about $25 for the license she didn't do any decorations or anything ( she had a non traditional wedding - no BP either ) The only thing is that you can't " stop " people from being there, you can't rope off an area for your guests or anything.
  • Options
    nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not positive about this, but when I was doing my research, I think I read that they were going to stop allowing weddings at White Point Gardens--you may want to check on that at the City of Charleston webpage. Magnolia plantation is gorgeous, they have a few potential ceremony/reception sites w/rental fee ranging from $3-5K.  I think they let you bring in your own booze, which is a huge cost savings.  Just be aware that it's about 25 minutes from any hotels other than the Inn at Middleton Place.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, White Point Gardens is now limited to a small number of people - I'm not sure of the exact number, but I think it's less than 50. The gazebo is actually under construction right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!  This is very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards