Texas-Austin
Options

Casa Blanca on Brushy Creek

Has anyone used this venue and/or catering? I am really taken by the pictures online and am planning to attend an open house this wednesday, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with this venue. I can't find any reviews posted online, which worries me a bit.Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Casa Blanca on Brushy Creek

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Sarah, we just got married there on September 12th so I don't have vendor reviews up yet.  We really loved the venue, the location was very pretty, the grass is always green and there are always beautiful flowers, there is a separate pavilion in case you need a rain plan B, which we did in fact end up using :)   The Staff is very nice, better to call them than email though, Sometimes we felt like we had to remind the owner about some of the plans we had made with her at previous meetings, but the wedding turned out gorgeous!  They really worked hard and even helped us set up the day of- which is much more than we thought to expect.   Everyone loved the venue and even though we had to be in the pavilion versus outside under the trees it was beautiful.  You can choose your own caterer, we went with Sterling Affairs -Lonnie is the owner, and we thought the food was good, everyone seemed to be enjoying the meal.  We also used the DJ they suggested and loved him.  If you would like to see some pictures I can send you the sneak peeks I just got back  or if you have any other specific questions, my email is ktr160@yahoo.com
  • Options
    laura1082laura1082 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only review I could find on it was this: What a nightmare! from beginning to end to a week after the wedding. They are so unprofessional, unorganized, difficult to contact, difficult to trust. They give you "yes" answers to make you feel good and then never follow through. I highly recommend picking a different venue. Save your sanity. http://www.projectwedding.com/vendor/show/casa-blanca-on-brushy-creekI went to my friends wedding this weekend at a place called Sendero Events Center north of Austin and it was awesome. It use to be a dance hall or something like that, so it holds over 600 people at the least (that was how many she had), has a huge stage, upstairs bridal party dressing room, it was over all impressive. I'm having a destination wedding or I would have mine their too :) There are also cool places like Vintage Villas on Lake Travis that are nice too!
  • Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was impresed by the facility and katherine's review. We deposited yesterday to take adcantage of a discount. That review was posted 6 months ago and hers was just a few weeks ago, so Ill give them credit for improving. We are having a small wedding and don't want a big place because it will look like no one is there. i think Casa Blanca will be perfect, but I'll definitely stay on their case about everything!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    txgirl7txgirl7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married there in March... I will say that communication is difficult at times but if you call... you're good! The place just stole our hearts... it is so green and beautiful so I def recommend it! GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards