Maryland-Baltimore
Options

All The "Jenni" Brides Out There!

We met with Jenni (Forever Yesterday) this morning, and FI and I loved her!!!We also have a meeting scheduled with Perskie next week. While we were able to see samples of her work in the meeting, I was hoping to see more albums containing just one wedding (as opposed to samplings of different weddings), so that I could get an idea of the flow of her work throughout the event. What we saw, we loved; I was just hoping to get a better picture. Perskie has more than a dozen albums from the same event on their site, so I have been able to get an idea of how their style is, start to finish. I'd love to get the same look at some of Jenni's work!Would any of you knotties who have had Jenni photograph your wedding mind posting either links to your photos, or maybe even a facebook link? I am down to these two photogs, and while we are leaning towards Jenni, this would be extremely helpful in making our final decision. If you could, it would be greatly apprecited :-)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: All The "Jenni" Brides Out There!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenni did our wedding two weeks ago and I have quite a few photos in my bio. I'm actually in the process of adding some more as well. Jenni was great to work with. She was friendly and efficient and had a link to our gallery less than a week after our wedding. We haven't gotten our DVD yet, but I'm assuming we'll have that in the next week or so.We've gotten tons of compliments about our photos! I'm so glad we worked with her.
  • Options
    mmattoonmmattoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenni did my E-pics in Fells Point. See my wedding website under Photos.
  • Options
    bethybeachbethybeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenni did my e-pics as well.  I can't really show you flow but I think she is really good.  I don't think you will go wrong with her. I am also doing b-pics with her, if I hadn't already booked another wedding photographer I would have picked her for sure for my wedding.
  • Options
    vjcjenn1vjcjenn1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with Hamilton photography but in many ways, I wish I had gone with Jenni OR Perskie photography...just haven't known a lot of couples to use each one...I don't think you could go wrong either way
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you guys...I also emailed Jenni back and asked if she could provide one complete album for me to look at, but in the meantime, I knew I could count on help from the knot community. After all, this is where I learned about her in the first place :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mmattoon: Your photos are gorgeous! I really loved the "Baltimore" theme, and how you guys took pictures from some cool Baltimore spots! Very well done...she did do an amazing job...thanks so much for sharing! I can wait to have my e-pics to post...hopefully soon :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Taracy: Thanks to you also for sharing your beautiful pictures! What a lovely Bride you were! I agree - very nice job on the photos...these were very helpful to me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad I could help! If you choose Jenni, you won't regret it. She was keen to all my nutty ideas and did anything I asked her to.  She spent a lot of my reception just taking a lot of really great candid shots. Some of my favorite shots are the ones I didn't even know she was taking on the day!
  • Options
    mmattoonmmattoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww, thank you :) I'm glad I could help! Jenni is really easy to get along with and work with. She had cool ideas (since I didn't have "must take" photos) and if FI had been a tad more cooperative we could have gotten more cute ones. FI doesn't like drawing attention to himself in public, which is something no one would guess about him b/c he's not shy, so he didn't want to do some of the stuff. We were walking around the streets of Fells on a gorgeous Saturday in May so there were def people around watching but everyone was so nice. Some of the restaurants offered us drinks and stuff. It was fun!
  • Options
    ajerome21ajerome21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not a "Jenni" bride but I am in the same situation!!! We have narrowed it down to Jenni and Perskie. I know you requested photos which I can't offer you but I can share my situation with you.  It may give you some insight on both especially since you haven't met with Perskie yet.       FI loves Jenni's work but is more geared towards Perskie only because he knows several people who used them and thinks they offer a better package.  They have been in the business for years and have a great studio with TONS of photos/albums.  Also, Perskie has done numerous weddings at our venue (Pier 5) and I believe they've done a few advertisement photos for them as well.  Which shows that they really know the place so they should know all the great spots for photos.  Jenni has not photographed a wedding/event there.I am more geared towards Jenni.  Her pics and rates are amazing.  She is very nice and seems like someone that you could be around for a long period of time which is great because she will be with you your entire day.  Her not shooting a wedding there could actually be good thing because it's a fresh eye.  Also, she stated that she would actually go there and scope out the place before the wedding which I thought was pretty cool.  Now with Perskie, you do not meet with a photographer, you meet with a sales person/receptionist.  The lady we met with was VERY NICE and did know her job.  Also, you don't know who your photographer is going to be.  Every album that I LOVED there was all done by this one photographer.  I asked if we could use him and they said that we could request him, however, it's not set in stone.  I do not like that.  However, they did say that when they schedule the photographer (whoever that may be) we could set up a meeting with him/her.  We take our E-pics with Jenni in a few days.  When I get them back I can show them to you.  I think we will make a decision after that.  It's just a lot of back and forth.  I have made most of the decisions concerning the wedding and feel maybe I should let the FI make this one.  Who knows....Sorry it's so long, thought I would share since we are in a similar situation.  Also, have you checked out Jenni's blog?She has pictures on that as well.  Good luck.  Keep me posted.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We love Jenni!  Her package was just too good to pass up.  And such a sweetie, love her picture style.  We're having our e-pics done on Oct 24th in Fells Point.  So excited!!As to looking at her work via flow of events on the day of, she sent me the link to a wedding she did (it ended up being fellow Bmore knottie mandyjulie, actually!) to see an example of a reveal session.  Mandy's pictures were of course really wonderful, but I think we'd decided on the reveal and on using Jenni before even checking them out.  I'm sure if you e-mailed her and asked she'd be more than willing to send you a password to a wedding gallery which is maybe similar to the wedding you're planning.  Good luck! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Let me know if you want to see my album (if Jenni hasn't given you the password already). mandyjulie at gmail dot com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You ladies are amazing, and spot on! Sweetfly - I did ask,and she sent me a link to a wedding at the Belvedere and the Tremont...and guess what? It was Mandy's! lolAnd yes, it was so beautiful, and Mandy was such a beautiful bride...the joy of their day really came through in the photos, which is what I want...And yes, I am in the same boat as you "aj...21":FI loved Jenni, but leaning more toward Perskie, and the reason is pretty much the same - for the same $, their package does contain more bang for the buck so to speak. And I did see an album that they did for one of my BMs when she got married, and it was great, and the quality was just a little bit more polished than the one that comes with Jenni's package (we'd have to pay $200 to upgrade to her best album, which is comparable to the one that Perskie includes in his price)However, I am also very nervous about not knowing who my photographer will be, and I called Perskie to voice this concern. I spoke with Jay Perskie, who told me that after looking at the albums of several of their photographers (we meet with them this evening, in fact) that if I liked a particular photog's style, that I could request to meet with that photog and request them. I told him that I would not sign a contract unless I met the photographer and was comfortable that they could deliver my vision of my day. He said that would not be a problem, but again - we meet with them tonight, and I'll have more to post later on how that went...Thanks again for coming through for me, knotties! I'll post and update once we meet with Perskie tonight!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, ladies...just to finish up...it was a very tough decision, but in the end, FI and I decided to go with Perskie. There was nothing that we didn't like about Jenni - she was absolutely sweet and her work was great - but Perskie ultimately had a package in our price range which met our needs a little better, and we loved the quality of their photos and albums.I was able to pick a photographer whose style matched what I wanted, they checked to see if he was available, and we're  going to meet and discuss my vision. So, I feel comfortable there. Also, our package allows us, among other things, two photographers, and we are considering doing a video, and it made sense to do it all with one company. But thanks again for the great feedback. We will definitely use Jenni in the future for other photo opportunities that come up in our lives...we really liked her that much...Til next time :-)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am glad you made a decision.  Do you mind me asking what photographer you are using from Perskie?  I believe the one I liked was Sean.  Every album that I liked he did.  You could always use Jenni for your E-Pics.  We took ours with her yesterday.  I should have them back in a week or so.  I didn't like Perskie's E-Pics because they don't do locations.  Well they did say that if we really wanted them, we could pay extra and the girl made a face like it was going to be a lot.  I agree with your post from the other day - Perskie's does offer more and a better album for the package.  I just don't like not knowing who the photographer is going to be.  Did they guarantee the photographer you wanted or is it a "request" on the contract?  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sure! And you are so right - Perskie doesn't travel for e-pics as an option - which, now that you mention it, I will say something to them. We did a questionnaire and they wanted to know how they could improve...I will be sure to mention that again. FI isn't really into the whole e-pic idea...so we probably will just go with Perskie for those as well, since traveling to different locations isn't high on his list. I can go either way, myself :-)And the photographer that we really liked was named Ken. They checked and he is available for us, and we were told that we can have him as our primary photographer (we'll also have a second photographer). They are setting up a meeting with us and Ken within the next few weeks to meet and talk about what we're looking for. They also gave us more of his work to look at, and I feel confident that he can provide us with the look that we want...we didn't have it written into the contract, but we were  assured that barring an unforeseen occurance, we would have him, and we trust their word (dangerous, I know - but I don't think that they've lasted over a 120 years by not keeping their word...we hope :-)It is good to have another name (Sean), though. I will ask to see his work as well - maybe he could be our 2nd....But I know just what you mean...I'll be more comfortable once we actually meet with Ken. Kind of taking a leap of faith, but their work is really great, and the quality of their photos is really amazing, so we feel good about making that choice...please let me know who you finally decide to go with!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, I will keep you posted!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards