Wedding Reception Forum

How many pictures in a slideshow?

I'm planning on having a slideshow at our reception.  I was planning on playing it while the guests are eating dinner.  I'm just having a problem with figuring out how many pictures should be on it.  I don't want it to be too long where people will get bored.  So what's a good number of pictures and how long should I make it play? Thanks

Re: How many pictures in a slideshow?

• I would keep it to no more than 5 minutes. It doesn't sound like a long time, but it's a lot longer than people think it is. It's 300 seconds and if you have each picture up for 5 seconds that's 60 pictures. You may even want to go shorter than 5 minutes.
  • we are planning on doing one during the cocktail hour, between the ceremony & reception, sort of as a conversation starter for guests. since the wedding party and family will be doing pictures then, i thought about showing it to them at the rehearsal dinner the night before. we are doing baby/childhood pics and also some highlights of dating so ours might end up being on the long side...i think 3 seconds per pic is fine...and we'll probably have about 200 pics set to music.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards