Wisconsin

caterer at the milwuakee war memorial?

Hello, We have just booked our wedding at the war memorial downtown and now we have to chose from the list of caterers they gave us. My question is has anyone used these caterers? and how would you rate them? ( price, service, good food). Here are my choices: Catering by Jack Norman, Irenes Catering, Chef Jacks, Lee Johns, Creative Cuisine, Ovation Catering, Food services Inc Sazs Gracious Events and Zilli Hospitality aaaahhhhhh how do I chose....please help!

Re: caterer at the milwuakee war memorial?

• edited December 2011
    My FI and I are in the same predicament. We are getting married October 2010, so we are going through each caterer one by one. Got a quote from irene's and next week we have an appt with saz's. When are you getting married?
  • edited December 2011
    I recently planned a work event and used Zilli - I though they were great to work with (they were extremely flexible with what we wanted), and we got a ton of compliments on the food.
  • SweetCharadeSweetCharade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a corporate event that was catered by Chef Jack's - the food was absolutely amazing.  I'm a really picky eater and I cleaned my plate.  So yummy.  If I'm not mistaken, they are fairly pricy though (at least in my terms of pricy).
  • BackpackersBackpackers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found Chef Jack's food to be AMAZING. We just booked them for our wedding next year. They were cheaper than most other places we looked at, including some of those on your list.Just go down the list, calling or emailing, looking at websites, comparing prices. Cross off the places that are too expensive and set up tastings for the ones that look promising. NEVER book a caterer without a tasting.Remember, often times there is an 18% service charge, plus taxes on top of the per person charge, so I would ask about that. Not to plug Chef Jacks again, but they included all that in their per person quote, so what you see is what you get.
  • boxcarboxcar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Ovation and we're very happy so far. Gracious Events makes me swoon. I can't afford it, but seriously, they're incredible.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Chef Jack's for our July 3rd wedding and I thought the service and food was amazing!!! I highly recommend them. I'm still hearing how wonderful the food and service was. For what we received I found their price to be very reasonable. They were always quick to return phone calls & emails & we did a couple tastings with them (one before & one after we signed our contract). The day of the wedding I was so impressed. The moment I stepped into the room our point person was there to introduce themselves & made sure that the night went exactly as planned. They coordinated with the bar, the dj and the ballroom to make sure I really didn't have to worry about a thing that night. The little touches they did, like when ever I got up to leave the head table during dinner they somehow were right there when I returned to put a fresh napkin on my lap, refilled my water, my champagne. They helped some of the elderly guests get their meals. I really can not say enough about them & our experience. Highly recommend them! They helped to create an experience I will never forget during our planning & the day of. I really felt like they were so happy to have us as customers.
  • edited December 2011
    Request info from each to get an idea of the type of serivces and budgets they will provide then narrow down to a few that meet the overall spirit you are trying to capture with your wedding (elegant, fun, casual, upscale, unusual, creative, green, etc). I HIGHLY recommened Chef Jack's for quality and service but you should go to several tastings and meet the actual people who will help plan, prpeare, and serve your menu as well as to judge food quality. Best of Luck!  
  • edited December 2011
    We took the list and narrowed down to four for tastings. We decided on the short list by looking at websites, message board posts, and who seemed to specialize in the expeerience we want to create. To be honest, I also thought about who's truck I had seen most often in front of our venue (I used to live in the neighborhood). We have two more tastings and will decide by the end of the month. I have to say, thanks to all the posts before me. Very helpful. -L.J.
    Anniversary
  • till304till304 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do several different meetings with a few of them and have them provide a tasting too! How much is it to rent the War Memorial?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards