Greek Weddings

Ceremony Decor?

Hi Ladies - What are you all doing for ceremony decor in the church, if anything? The Greek church is filled with such beautiful icons and color, I'm not sure much will be needed, but I'm not sure if I should leave it totally blank? Are you doing a simple pew decoration or just nothing at all? Thanks!

Re: Ceremony Decor?

• edited December 2011
    Hi Megan, I'm not at that phase of my planning yet, but when my sister got married in the Greek church 4 years ago we did decorate the church with flowers. You should ask your fiancee's mom (i'm assuming she's greek) what she thinks as she's probably been to many Greek weddings. take care, Kali
  • edited December 2011
    We are just getting flowers to put up in front by the altar and then maybe bows for the first couple of rows (possibly, not sure yet). I agree our church is so beautiful with the icons.
  • edited December 2011
    im making an aisle runner so im blocking off the aisle way by draping fabric/tulle pew to pew and prob placing like one rose at each pew plus rose petals down the sides of my aisle runner. i have two pillars at the front of the alter and im having a low flower arrangement on each pillar. thats it. then im moving those two arrangement to the bridal party tables so i dont have to pay for more arrangments! :)

My Randomly Updated Planning Bio
    EVERYTHING FOR SALE- JUST ASK!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards