Michigan-Northern
Options

Northern Michigan Vendors

I'm looking for a good salon preferrably in Harbor Springs or Petoskey.  I want some place with a nice relaxing atmosphere to get our hair and nails done the morning of the wedding.  Or if you know of someone good that can come to our location that would work too.  Also, anyone found a photographer that they love yet? I feel like I don't even know where to start looking for one :(  Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image 198 Invited image 42 Attending image 15 Declined image 141 Undecided RSVP Date: July 16, 2010

Re: Northern Michigan Vendors

• Options
    hwielandhwieland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what your budget is, but I'm getting married in Northport and have the BEST photographer.  He travels all over Michigan so I'm sure if he's available he would definitely come to you.  His Name is Cory Weber and his website is: http://www.coryweberphotography.com/He is awesome at what he does, so hopefully this helps!
  • Options
    booffybooffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about hair/nail salon in Petosky, but I can give some recommendations on photographers!  The link below lists some of the photographers Up North along with reviews--I found this really helpful.  We are using Melisa McKolay (we LOVE her), but we also really liked Cory Weber, Andrew Williamson and Hitching Post Photography.  There are a bunch of really great photographers in Traverse City! HTH http://wpbn.cityvoter.com/a-list/weddings/photographer
  • Options
    zawa0915zawa0915 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we were married in petoskey on july 25 this summer. i had my hair, nails, & make-up done at La Dolce Vita Salon in downtown petoskey and could not recommend them more highly! everyone there was super nice, talented, professional, etc. they may be a little on the pricey side (e.g. my updo was $90), but it was all worth it b/c everything held up perfectly throughout the day. my stylist's name was ashley in case you want to request someone, but all my girls' and my mom's hair looked great! the makeup artist there is named rachel, and she was fabulous, too. (pics and reviews in my bio) GL!
    We are married! 07.25.09 Married Bio For Sale Items Vendor Reviews
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Signature Salon in Harbor Springs in June.  They were terrific!  Our stylist was named Sarah....she did three girls' hairstyles, including the bride.  We brought mimosas, and it was a very relaxed atmosphere.  I would highly recommend them.  We used Lisa Miller for makeup.  She came to the house and that was a great plan.  When the hair styles were done, Lisa was ready and waiting to do the makeup.  She was reasonable and the makeup stayed on beautifully.  It looked very natural....not too made up.We had Ark Studio do the photography.  He was expensive but we thought it was worth it.   We got this photo thing where guests could get their picture taken and then they got a 5x7 to take home.  The guests LOVED it and then we got pictures of all the guests too.  Some families got two or three different shots....some serious, some funny.  Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards