Canada-Vancouver

Vancouver Venue vs Destination

we're having a hard time deciding upon our venue and time is ticking because we'd like to get married either July-August 2011 or Jan-Feb 2012.

We're also struggling with whether we get married locally so more people can come or risk it just being the two of us and going somewhere tropical.

I'd love to get some input on a couple of the options we have from the Vancouver brides out there so please weigh in with your opinions
- An afternoon/evening ceremony and reception at The Brock House which is off Jericho beach in Vancouver
- An afternoon/evening ceremony at the Queen Elizabeth Park followed with a platter dinner reception at the Skyline Room in the Seasons In The Park
We live in such a beautiful city so we'd like a venue which has lush greener, water and/or city views.
Help

OR we could just forget it all and take a 14 day cruise in the Southern Caribbean and get married on the beach.
Help

Re: Vancouver Venue vs Destination

• edited December 2011
    First you have to ask yourself some basic questions such as total budget, size of guest list, ability of very important guests to travel etc.  You have easily have a beachy wedding here, if that's your preference.  I can't really give advice until I know that size of the guest list.
  • edited December 2011
    We've ruled out destination and our guest list will be around 100. Therrefore we've leaning toasted the Brock House in August for both our ceremony and reception, but we have to admit we LOVED the QE Pavillion, and the holding things which appears to make Seasons IN The Park less viable is the fact we're limited to just eating and very litlle other interaction with our guests since there is no dancinh. If anyone has experience otherwise, the please let me know. I have read mixed things about the Brock House so if people have had a very positive experience in terms of service and food I'd love to hear about it. I'd welcome feedback to the country as well. Looking forward to the advice and feedback.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards