Wedding Woes

Duckis

Do you sell the stuff you make? I'd buy like a bajillion of those snowman cards you made but I"m sure you'd charge me like $40 for one card because of all the time and stuff.

But anyways, can you figure out how to mass produce your stuff because it's really cute.

Re: Duckis

• *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i liked the "just for shits" card. 
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw thanks! So many people have told me I should start selling them that I'm actually starting to consider it. I wouldn't know where to start, though.

• PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Just make an Etsy store. I have no idea how one goes about this though. Just don't end up on Regretsy.
  • edited December 2011
    Etsy seems to be the easiest way to go. They take a percentage of each sale as well as having a 0.20 cent listing fee per item. I was looking into them when I considered selling my cake pops and other desserts.
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's easy to set up an etsy store. i have one, but never kept up with it. build up a small stock of items before you set it up, and figure out a price structure. i think you'll need to set up a paypal account too, if you don't have one.  

• edited December 2011
    They charge 3.5% from each sale, plus 20 cents for the listing fee. It's really not bad, and it would be worth it, especially since you already have buyers lined up! Do it!
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DO EET!
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with your H on the "shts" line of cards.

Look how well JunkMail greetings does on etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/CarolLeeDesigns?ref=seller_info

• TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So here's the thing. JunkMail sells for about $3.00 per card (though they appear to be printed rather than hand made). I can make maybe 20 cards in an 8 hour day assuming I actually did this full time. Materials will probably run me between $2-3 per card. What could I charge that people would be willing to pay and would also cover my time and expenses?
  • PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011

I think the nice thing about Etsy is that you aren't committed. Okay materials are $2-3, then factor in the costs Etsy will take out of your profit. Add in shipping (which wouldn't be too bad). Then say you want to make $1 per card. You are looking at $6-7 a card probably. I'd say that isn't a bad price. I can go to Target and pick up a card for $4. Or I can get a really awesome card you made for $6. Depending on the occasion, those $2 might be worth it. So set up the store and see if people are willing to pay it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards