Wedding Woes
Options

::OFace::

So, I went to the dentist last week and my hygenist and I were talking about sonic care toothbrushes, which lead to a discussion about clairsonics.

I had a smiliar conversation with my BFF. She said the money for the toothbrush is the way to go, but she wasn't 100% sold on the clairsonic and we have similar skin issues.

So, when I was at BB&B, I opted for the cadallac of toothbrushes, and the 20% off I got on that, was enough to cover the cost of the knock-off clairsonic they had for sale.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&tok=LWBWu00k1a-MeF1-p6OoeA&cp=7&gs_id=q&xhr=t&q=nutrasonic&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=906&wrapid=tljp1335796647369012&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5118782485238133286&sa=X&ei=qaOeT6yUCcPW2gWg3-ibDw&sqi=2&ved=0CKkBEPMCMAE#

So, talk to me about this. Right now I only have one type of facial cleanser in house: Cetaphil. I am wanting to get another -- I like to have two types in rotation and prefer to use the cetaphil in the AM and something, er....stronger....at night when I remove my makeup at night. I am thinking the PM would be the time to use this baby. So, what cleanser should I get? I'm ready for you to school me. ::sits down for lessons::

Re: ::OFace::

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_oface-90?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:e878bbb6-484a-4759-b4e9-412e9d880c2dPost:88b3f68b-8c05-4dfb-b2e1-0c3937d1ab0a">::OFace::</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, I went to the dentist last week and my hygenist and I were talking about sonic care toothbrushes, which lead to a discussion about clairsonics. I had a smiliar conversation with my BFF. She said the money for the toothbrush is the way to go, but she wasn't 100% sold on the clairsonic and we have similar skin issues. So, when I was at BB&B, I opted for the cadallac of toothbrushes, and the 20% off I got on that, was enough to cover the cost of the knock-off clairsonic they had for sale. <a href="http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&tok=LWBWu00k1a-MeF1-p6OoeA&cp=7&gs_id=q&xhr=t&q=nutrasonic&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=906&wrapid=tljp1335796647369012&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5118782485238133286&sa=X&ei=qaOeT6yUCcPW2gWg3-ibDw&sqi=2&ved=0CKkBEPMCMAE" rel="nofollow">http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&tok=LWBWu00k1a-MeF1-p6OoeA&cp=7&gs_id=q&xhr=t&q=nutrasonic&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=906&wrapid=tljp1335796647369012&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5118782485238133286&sa=X&ei=qaOeT6yUCcPW2gWg3-ibDw&sqi=2&ved=0CKkBEPMCMAE</a> # So, talk to me about this. Right now I only have one type of facial cleanser in house: Cetaphil. I am wanting to get another -- I like to have two types in rotation and prefer to use the cetaphil in the AM and something, er....stronger....at night when I remove my makeup at night. I am thinking the PM would be the time to use this baby. So, what cleanser should I get? I'm ready for you to school me. ::sits down for lessons::
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Oh boy.  I honestly don't use my clarisonic anymore.  Mostly because I'm too lazy/cheap to buy another replacement head.  also because it seems my skin is just fine without it.

Also, ALSO I really like the Philosophy Purity cleanser. I  bought it in bar form because I found it at TJ Maxx, but I think the liquid would be just as good if not better.  I like that it barely foams and doesn't dry my skin out.  And I have pretty oily skin.  It removes MOST of my makeup, but I prefer to use a cleansing cloth for my eyes because I don't want to burn them out with the soap.

A little bit of a hint---don't push on your skin with the brush.  Just let it sit on TOP of your skin and work it's magic.  I hope that is helpful.

• Options
    Thanks.

My issue is that I get bumps on my skin....not zits....just bumps. I am hoping to get some deep pore cleansing out of this baby.

Not pushing hard seems to be the key. What I like about my new toothbrush is that is stalls out if you are pushing too hard, which is my issue and has caused some gum recession.

Reading this message makes me want to say, "My name in MinM, and I have the issues."
  • Options
    You're not alone.  I think we all have "issues".  We just hide them well.
  • Options
    Min, those bumps are conedromes, I'm guessing.  I loathe them and they hurt on me.

I can't use anything that's mineral oil based (Pond's) or sacylicic (oh that's so misspelled, but I can't remember) acid.  Those make me worse.
  • Options
    I googles using that spelling -- conedrome -- and nothing came up.

They don't hurt. Unless I squeeze them to see if anything will come out. Which I have found, nothing ever will, so I leave them alone.

The Red Dragon is a'coming, so things are worse right now. The only two products that I know, for sure, make me break out are Bare Minerals and Garnier BB.
  • Options
    Then it's comedones.  I can never remember where the "m" and "n" go on that word.  Ah I see I added an "r" as well.  How very Star Wars of me.  That's new, along with my new habit of putting extra apostrophes in things like" can't'.  IDK when/how that started or how long it was going on before I noticed (I do proofread, so hopefully not long).

It's basically just what a blackhead/whitehead are, except there are lots of levels to that term beyond what we learned in our teenage years.  And certain skin types need to avoid materials that are (I just learned this one with my Pond's fiasco which was TERRIBLE and painful) comedogenic. But it's like it's an oil packet with no real head and under your skin.  Not all of mine are painful, but most of them are when they do come up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards