Honeymoon Discussions

Hello all, we dont want to spend over 2k for our honeymoon. Is an all inclusive out of the question?Is a cruise our best bet?This would be around June 20th of next year. I'm just starting to think of the cruise and am also thinking, when should we book?Thanks,Eve.

Re: 2,000

• 2000 is very reasonable for AI. Infact AI would be cheaper than a cruise in my opinion  because you would have to pay for your alcohol and excursions on top of the cruise and flight. We like to drink on our vacations and that is where our trips add up. FI LOVES to buy drinks for people especially on special occasions so AI was the way to go for us. If you don't drink and dont want to participate in the excurisons then you could do the cruise for that price for sure.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you, I forgot to mention that we live in Orlando FL. so we most likely won't need to fly to get to a a port for a cruise. We have done the cruise thing, and it was great although imo i don't think it will be as romantic as an ai can be.
  • We went to the Catalonia Royal Tulum in Riviera Maya, Mexico.  It's and adult-only, all-inclusive, and we had a fantastic time!  The beach is the best I've ever seen...better than any postcard, and the service was excellent!  The total cost was only about $1700 for 7 nights, including airfare, food, alcohol etc.
  • Thanks zartmaca and Megan, Did you ladies use a travel agent? Mind passing along their info? I really appreciate it! Eve! :)
  • And another thing, did you ai total of about 1.5k - 1.7k include extra drinks and what not?  
  • I used a travel agent and she quoted me $300 more expensive then we found on our own online. Yes this price included drinks and food. We too had a more lavish honeymoon planned and at the 18th hour had to reevaluate the cost. So we went online and researched for a good week all day everyday and found this great rate at Orbitz. I hope that you can find something like this as well, beacsue we were floored at the price and how nice the resort was for the rpice ( i can show you pictures if you would like).Best of luck to you!!
  • Megan, I would love to see pictures. my emial is: babie1288at aol dot com
  • We ended up booking through apple vacations.  Although we were a bit nervous about booking through an online service, everything turned out perfectly.  If you do go through one of the bigger online travel sites, I would recommend spending the $30 extra on a "direct transfer"...this means that you aren't dropping others off at their resorts on the way to your resort.  Our resort was adult-only and it was smaller (only about 300 rooms), so it wasn't very touristy..the perfect relaxing honeymoon.
  • i sent them via facebook, let me know if you dont get them  
  • No they never quite made it.
  • hmmi will send them later then another way!
  • zartmaca and meganfauer--were the costs that you mentioned per person or total for both of you?  I am also on a budget and looking for affordable honeymoon options...any info helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards