Hawaii

When to arrive on island

I am getting married Friday 8-3-12, I plan on arriving on the island 8-1-12. Does this give me enough time. I'm starting to panic that this is really going to push it. I will arrive on the island at 7am on Wednesday, then drop dress off for pressing and head to the marriage license office, Costco, etc. What do you ladies think? My FMIL will be on the island a few days prior to me since she has to leave the day after the wedding so I will have her to scout things out for me and do some things prior to our arrival. Thanks!!
Visit Maui.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When to arrive on island

• edited March 2012
    It depends on what you intend to do once you get there. We had a long list of todos: meet with most vendors, check out the venue, hair/makeup trial, shop for alcohol, shop for welcome bags, organize a family luau, etc. We flew in on a Tues afternoon and guest events started Friday morning and I think we had just enough time to do everything. you should be fine, but just try to organize what you want to do and whether anyone arriving earlier can get the errands started for you.
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I'm getting there two days before also but I'm eloping so the only thing I need to do is get our license. I think it's doable esp since your getting there early on Wednesday so you have two full days!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • We got here Wed night (late).  Thursday was meeting with officiant at dept. of health.  That took about 1 hour.  30 Minute meeting with our Coordinator, then the ABC store to do welcome bags.  Aside from dropping them off, we were done in under a day, but we're not doing an of our own food, drinks or events that need us to plan anything other than making reservations, so we didn't have a lot to do.  It will def. depend on how much you have to do, where you have to go to do it, and your mode of transportation

• jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_when-to-arrive-on-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:a4b07c0b-eb87-4b17-b901-055f9ce49737Post:e53ec690-0ff5-41ee-8c97-595c74abf0b2">Re: When to arrive on island</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got here Wed night (late).  Thursday was meeting with officiant at dept. of health.  That took about 1 hour.  30 Minute meeting with our Coordinator, then the ABC store to do welcome bags.  Aside from dropping them off, we were done in under a day, but we're not doing an of our own food, drinks or events that need us to plan anything other than making reservations, so we didn't have a lot to do.  It will def. depend on how much you have to do, where you have to go to do it, and your mode of transportation
    Posted by kje_[/QUOTE]

Is the health Dept walkable from our hotel?
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • We arrived on Maui on a Thursday and the wedding was on Tuesday. We had a crap ton of running around to do though (morning spent dropping off OOT bags, an afternoon in Kahului for Costco [welcome bbq, alcohol purchases], site visit and walk-through, vendor meet-ups).
  • We are arriving on Sunday morning and our wedding is Thursday afternoon. Sunday we are meeting with our WC and going to costco for welcome bag stuff. Monday is marriage license appt and more running around to pick up stuff for wedding. Most of our guests arrive on Monday also so we will be greeting them. Tuesday starts wedding week activities like whale watching, spa day with the girls and welcome cocktail reception.
    Anniversary
  • We are arriving on Thursday night and our wedding isn't until the following Wednesday.  I didn't want to waste whole days in paradise doing wedding stuff though so we are limiting it to one small thing a day and then we have the rest of those days to relax and spend time with family!  It also helps that my parents are going over the week before so they are planning on doing a bit of running around for us too.

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are arriving Friday night, and the wedding is the following Thursday.  We are planning on taking it easy for the weekend.  On Monday I have my hair/make-up trial.  On Tuesday we meet with our officiant and get our marriage license, and hopefully meet with the hotel coordinator.  I'm sure more things will come up too! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards