Wisconsin

Any reception halls that allow you to bring in the alcohol?

I went to a wedding in Northern IL that allowed the bride and groom to buy their own alcohol for the reception. Anyone know of any reception halls between Kenosha and Milwaukee that allows this?

Re: Any reception halls that allow you to bring in the alcohol?

• edited December 2011
    Because of liquor laws here I think it would be hard to find a place that lets you bring alcohol. you would still have to hire a bartender. Plus that is the big money maker for the halls. I am fairly positive they don't want to miss out on that cash cow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most halls will allow you to bring in wine and champagne, but you will pay a corking fee of $7-$15 per bottle. Racine's Dekoven Center allows you to bring in all your own alcohol!  Contact Katie @ Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";} Katie Taggart Event Coordinator The DeKoven Center 262-633-6401 x7 [email protected] hope this helps!  If not, message me and I can send more info!
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • boxcarboxcar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anywhere between Kenosha and Milwaukee is still in Wisconsin, not Northern Illinois, but in any case, you can bring your own alcohol in to the South Shore Pavillion. You can find information on the hall at the Milwaukee County Parks website. I've been to weddings there, with a little TLC the hall can look lovely and the view and alcohol policy can't be beat.
  • edited December 2011
    Try the The Village Center in Waunakee, Depending on how many people you have, their website says 175 but you do have to buy a permit but i think they are like 100 or 150 still MUCH cheaper than open bars. Most places who let you use outside caters and do not have a bar set up will let you do this you just have to look.
  • Josie22Josie22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Kenosha Masonic Temple and was able to. But that was a few years ago and I'm not sure if it's still their policy. I can't find their webpage..This is the Racine Masonic Temple. I just love how this place looks. I know they have a bar, but I'm not sure if you can bring in alcohol.http://racinemasoniccenter.org/index.php?pageid=9
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    The Kenosha Masonic Center near the lakefront does still allow you to bring in your own alcohol.  They have no bar set-up tho, you'd have to do it all yourself (i.e. bring in cans of pop, keg tapper, etc.).  Masonic Center in Racine does have a bar you must use, but the prices are very reasonable.And yes, the DeKoven Center in Racine lets you choose your own caterer and bring in alcohol.
  • pengee1pengee1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually am trying to find one myself, but more in the Appleton, Green Bay, Door County area.  My fiance is a wine/liquor rep, so we can employee order everything for very cheap.  It's hard to think about paying a 5-600% mark up on alcohol when we can get it for so much cheaper!  I am trying to think outside of the box a bit as far as location as my guess is that most halls and such won't allow it.  Please let me know if you find a place as we considered the Milwaukee area as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards