Pennsylvania

Wedding favors

Ok...is it still typical to do wedding favors? We are on a tight budget(in fact, i forgot to budget for favors..oops!) If so, does anyone have any neat but inexpensive ideas? Thanks :))

Re: Wedding favors

• edited December 2011
    they are not needed.  I have been to many weddings without them.  But the ones I love are things like cookies, candy, etc. that I can eat that night in the hotel when trying to stop the room from spinning :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Trinket type favors are getting to be a thing of the past. Anything edible is usually a big hit. We did a candy buffet for out guests. My cousin did a cookie buffet with her close relatives all pitching in to help her bake everything. You could also put together something for each place setting like chocolate covered pretzels in a little celo bag with ribbon that matches your wedding colors. If you bought your candy bulk at Sams or Costco you could do it relatively inexpensive. HTH
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with edible favors. We had a photobooth at our wedding and we used that as our favors.
  • edited December 2011
    I also agree with edible favors. I`m thinking about m&ms or something like that. I like the idea of Sam`s or Costco. I`ll have to check them out:) Thanks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BeckyBevillBeckyBevill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! I liked the idea of fans (for an outdoor wedding) with our pic and wedding date on them, but you're probably looking at at least $1 a piece!! Your ideas seems sooo much more reasonable
  • l1ltaral1ll1ltaral1l member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also do a donation to a fund, rescue, shelter, etc. etc. in memory of someone.  My aunt passed away from breast cancer, so we made a donation to breats cancer research.  We made little tags with a cute ribbon on them for each guestsaying "A donation has been made in your name to xxx Foundation."  Everyone REALLY loved it, and was thrilled the money went to something like that instead of Jodan Almods wrapped in tulle...lol.

I've been at a wedding that did the candy bar too, and it went over pretty well.  The older folks didn't seem to care for it though... =)
  • BeckyBevillBeckyBevill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    l1ltaral1l... i LOVE that idea! If you wouldn't mind, can you message me with a picture of what you did if you have one? It fits perfectly because I am trying to think of a special way to remember my grandmother who has passed and this would be perfect! Thanks so much..
  • l1ltaral1ll1ltaral1l member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sure Becky!  Email me at taraduhnak@aol.com and I will send a pic =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards