Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Question about individual cakes

I am thinking about doing individual cakes at each table at the reception. But I was wondering about the logistics of it. Who cuts it, how is it served? What if another table wants another flavor? Has anybody seen this or looked into it? Just wanted some info. TIA, I am going to post and run but will check back later today.
AlisonWedding Countdown Ticker Number Invited 259 image Number Attending 81image Number Declined 18image Number Not Replied 160image RSVP Date August 23rd

Re: Question about individual cakes

• parksterparkster member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm doing this in November.  We're doing a 6" on top of an 8" cake at each table. Then a monogram decorated with crystals for the top of each cake. We are going to give away the top layer to someone at each table - like you'd give away a floral arrangement - and then cut the bottom.  I found cake knives and servers for $6 a set at www.efavormart.com and we're going to assign a 'mom' from each table to cut.  We're just going to put a little crystal gem on thier name card. We're going to sit them up on an upside down microwave cover with the jelly balls and a light in them to make the bases glow.It's very cost effective as it's dessert and your centerpiece!Enjoy!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Parkster for the info.  I also posted on P&E and got tons of feedback.  One of their suggestions were getting them pre-cut to avoid a mess or having the Bride and Groom walk to each table and cut the first piece.
    AlisonWedding Countdown Ticker Number Invited 259 image Number Attending 81image Number Declined 18image Number Not Replied 160image RSVP Date August 23rd
  • hollieheidihollieheidi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having individual cakes, but they will all be the same flavor.  We will also have someone designated at each table to cut the cake and we are using the reflections disposable cake servers for cutting tied with bows in our colors on the handle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards