South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Dress Alterations?? :/

I am having a really hard time finding a seamstress in Charleston. I originally ordered my dress from a boutique in Atlanta and I would rather have my dress a little closer by than that. If ya'll have any recommendations I would really love that!!! Thanks!! :)

Re: Dress Alterations?? :/

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to The Dressing Room downtown on King Street after it was highly recommended by other Knotties. I had a great experience and it was pretty reasonably priced.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also used the dressing room, she does good work and is fast & very reasonable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i went to the dressing room about a month ago to have a bm dress altered. the girls on here rec'd it, and said that the prices were reasonable. once i got there, thery were right.. the lady was nice.. but she just re-did her pricing and it was much higher than before. i paid about $60 to have a dress altered, and it still didnt fit right. i have heard that the seamstress in the wyndemere shopping center in james island is great.. but havent tried it yet.
  • Options
    kelkigskelkigs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from White and local seamstresses come in weekly to do alterations for the boutique.  The person who did my alterations was Roberta, and she did a fantastic job.  I found out when I paid my invoice that she is from store called A Stitch Witch in West Ashley.  I do feel the need to mention that she is brutally honest.  I really felt taken care of and would certainly go back to her for alternations.  Also, I thought it was reasonably priced. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards